Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: 306 lbs and a 4.71 40 !!!!!

The NFL seems to be impressed with this fast lineman:
    http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0ap...y-for-olinemen

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Wow! That is very impressive for a lineman. 40 times are used at all levels of the game. When we condition during summer I never have players in pads. 1. That is against AHSAA rules. 2. You are working on cardiovascular health and endurance. 40 times are good indicators for both. It is also a good measuring stick on which players try to improve. Goal setting
    Last edited by Tideski; February 24th, 2013 at 03:19 PM.
    Pride+Effort+Character=A Winning Tradition

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    A big difference between track speed and football speed. The 10 yard splits are more telling for a lineman along with the agility drills.
    Why must every stat be dissected? The poster passed along a stat for what we can all agree is a fast time for someone of that size.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by dayhiker View Post
    Why must every stat be dissected? The poster passed along a stat for what we can all agree is a fast time for someone of that size.
    This ^ ... gives new meaning to bigger, stronger, faster. Whether or not this really means anything as to whether he is a top tier lineman, that it a top tier athletic feat. Just being able to get off and accelerate that much mass that quickly (even its a 40 and not a 20) has to be some kind of meaningful measure.

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

I want to see his marathon time.
    RIP Hub

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Isn't dissecting every little stat and measurable the entire point of the NFL Combine?

My apologies for not being one to get all excited about 40 times.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

Isn't dissecting every little stat and measurable the entire point of the NFL Combine?

My apologies for not being one to get all excited about 40 times.
    It just gets old that each time someone posts a remarkable measurable that the peanut gallery shows up to debate the need or lack of need for that particular measurable.

It just gets old that each time someone posts a remarkable measurable that the peanut gallery shows up to debate the need or lack of need for that particular measurable.
    That logic can be used for the bulk of the posts on this board and all other boards across the internet.

-Bill Belichick

That logic can be used for the bulk of the posts on this board and all other boards across the internet.
    Stop nitpicking me. You know what I'm saying.

Stop nitpicking me. You know what I'm saying.
    I know what you're saying, but this is a football board. Why wouldn't we dissect things about the NFL combine and why wouldn't people present their opinion on the results?

A large man ran real fast in a straight line. I commented because there are other more important factors to consider when judging the position of an offensive lineman.

It's the same as people getting all worked up about quarterbacks who can throw the ball 60+ yards while they are sitting down. My usual response to that is, "Show me a game situation where that would be applicable."

-Bill Belichick

I know what you're saying, but this is a football board. Why wouldn't we dissect things about the NFL combine and why wouldn't people present their opinion on the results?

A large man ran real fast in a straight line. I commented because there are other more important factors to consider when judging the position of an offensive lineman.

It's the same as people getting all worked up about quarterbacks who can throw the ball 60+ yards while they are sitting down. My usual response to that is, "Show me a game situation where that would be applicable."
    Note that this thread isn't the combine thread. It's a thread about a large man running fast in a straight line.

Note that this thread isn't the combine thread. It's a thread about a large man running fast in a straight line.
    Fair enough, but that doesn't mean everyone contributing to this thread has to fawn over the feat.

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation All-SEC

A man that size running that fast in a straight line is impressive. We'll see how good of a lineman he is; nobodys saying that his 40 time has anything to do with that....but that doesnt mean that it isnt fast for the size.