306 lbs and a 4.71 40 !!!!!

Stop nitpicking me. You know what I'm saying.
I know what you're saying, but this is a football board. Why wouldn't we dissect things about the NFL combine and why wouldn't people present their opinion on the results?

A large man ran real fast in a straight line. I commented because there are other more important factors to consider when judging the position of an offensive lineman.

It's the same as people getting all worked up about quarterbacks who can throw the ball 60+ yards while they are sitting down. My usual response to that is, "Show me a game situation where that would be applicable."

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I know what you're saying, but this is a football board. Why wouldn't we dissect things about the NFL combine and why wouldn't people present their opinion on the results?

A large man ran real fast in a straight line. I commented because there are other more important factors to consider when judging the position of an offensive lineman.

It's the same as people getting all worked up about quarterbacks who can throw the ball 60+ yards while they are sitting down. My usual response to that is, "Show me a game situation where that would be applicable."
Note that this thread isn't the combine thread. It's a thread about a large man running fast in a straight line.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
A man that size running that fast in a straight line is impressive. We'll see how good of a lineman he is; nobodys saying that his 40 time has anything to do with that....but that doesnt mean that it isnt fast for the size.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Fair enough, but that doesn't mean everyone contributing to this thread has to fawn over the feat.
I would think when everyone else is saying "Wow", "That's incredible", etc and you are the only one saying it's not a big deal it would seem your viewpoint is somewhat skewed. It's sort of like seeing Michael Jordan dunk from the free throw line in the dunk contest and saying "that's no big deal. Lets see him do it in a game".

I would think when everyone else is saying "Wow", "That's incredible", etc and you are the only one saying it's not a big deal it would seem your viewpoint is somewhat skewed. It's sort of like seeing Michael Jordan dunk from the free throw line in the dunk contest and saying "that's no big deal. Lets see him do it in a game".
Then I guess my view point is skewed... but still, I'm not going to fawn over a 40 time at the combine just as I'm not going to fawn over one ran by a high school student during recruiting.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Just because he's the only one voicing that viewpoint, doesn't mean he's alone.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.