****Bama vs. LSU Postgame Thread***

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
I know I counted nine in a row for them when they were down by ten. Ordinarily, you'd think it'd be the other way around...
One caveat. We had a turnover and couldn't get a rebound. It was like LSU was on the power play, and we couldn't clear the zone. Maybe we could/should have gotten a call, but LSU really out worked us

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
One caveat. We had a turnover and couldn't get a rebound. It was like LSU was on the power play, and we couldn't clear the zone. Maybe we could/should have gotten a call, but LSU really out worked us
They were greatly aided in their rebounding down the stretch by being able to make it a free-for-all without getting called...

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
What's the deal with the last 5 seconds, BTW.. on the radio it sounded as if the two in bounds plays were scetchy
On the last play, Releford was called for a questionable (at best) foul when he was guarding an LSU player that dribbled the ball off his knee and out of bounds. Should of been our ball with about 4 seconds left and within one score of the lead and win.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This is every game, not just BAMA. The refs dictate every ebb and flow if every game. It's not even fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree. Basketball officiating is the only one that has the ability to take over a game. Look at Moose with 4 fouls trying to get a rebound. He didn't try all that hard because he knew it was just a matter of time before the refs called him for a foul.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
This is every game, not just BAMA. The refs dictate every ebb and flow if every game. It's not even fun.

I watched the UT/TAMU game, which went into four OTs after ours and I saw no officiating as abominable as what I saw in our game...

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I watched the UT/TAMU game, which went into four OTs after ours and I saw no officiating as abominable as what I saw in our game...
Maybe not, but it's no coincidence that in almost every game I've every seen, the team 'on a run' is aided by getting the calls.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Agree. Basketball officiating is the only one that has the ability to take over a game. Look at Moose with 4 fouls trying to get a rebound. He didn't try all that hard because he knew it was just a matter of time before the refs called him for a foul.
The last two on him were for what the ref called as a push when he and O'B were jockeying for position. MG protested a little too much and, a few seconds later, he got what appeared to be a clean block and that was five...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Maybe not, but it's no coincidence that in almost every game I've every seen, the team 'on a run' is aided by getting the calls.

The fouls in the first half were 21-3 their way, according to another board. If so, I've never seen that before...

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
The fouls in the first half were 21-3 their way, according to another board. If so, I've never seen that before...
Yes. The refs in college basketball dictate the game more than any other sport. Our game was EXTREME today, but also typical of most any CBB game. It's ridiculous.

MrRourke

Suspended
Jan 24, 2013
My wife just tried the "bias argument," but it doesn't wash. First, these guys are very likely from outside the South. Second the crews are formed up by our conference, so they're not working with the same guys every game, unlike our own SEC FB officials. They can't all have a nephew on the LSU team. I wish I could get corruption out of my mind, but I can't otherwise explain 29-8 in regulation. It's mind-boggling...
You have to expect that on the road, and we should have overcome the issue. The first game had the following FT numbers...........

Bama - 33
LSU - 14

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2012-2013/ua23.html

MrRourke

Suspended
Jan 24, 2013
They were greatly aided in their rebounding down the stretch by being able to make it a free-for-all without getting called...
They were energized and aggressive, Bama not as much. That is where I think we missed Randolph - I believe he would have come away with a loose ball and rebound or two, and that would have made the difference

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
They were energized and aggressive, Bama not as much. That is where I think we missed Randolph - I believe he would have come away with a loose ball and rebound or two, and that would have made the difference
We were every bit as energized as they, but, from your prior postings, I'd expect that view from you...

MrRourke

Suspended
Jan 24, 2013
That doesn't begin to compare with what happened to us and you should know it...
LSU got some help. They also started playing with more aggression, and we could not even defensive rebound their missed FTs.

Nevertheless, we are up 10 with a little over 3 to play and you just have to be able to close that out against an LSU, if you are an NCAA worthy team.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
LSU got some help. They also started playing with more aggression, and we could not even defensive rebound their missed FTs.

Nevertheless, we are up 10 with a little over 3 to play and you just have to be able to close that out against an LSU, if you are an NCAA worthy team.
Have it your way. You've made your point and we know how you stand. Now, drop it...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.