Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Sam Montgomery and Kiki Mingo Had Performance-Based Bets With Each Other at LSU

Link

The LSU Tigers defensive end duo of Sam Montgomery and Barkevious Mingo were one of the most impressive tandems in college football this past season, and today at the 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Montgomery admitted to bets with Mingo to push each other to the next level.

Montgomery and Mingo had a $500 bet for the final game of the season to see who would get the most sacks and a $1,000 bet to see who would finish the season with the most sacks.

The duo also has a $5,000 bet on who will get drafted higher — it looks like Mingo will win that one.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

2. Advertisement
    Suspended

Re: Sam Montgomery and Kiki Mingo Had Performance-Based Bets With Each Other at LSU

Is this illegal under NCAA rules?

BamaNation Hall of Fame uafan4life's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Sam Montgomery and Kiki Mingo Had Performance-Based Bets With Each Other at LSU

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Webb View Post
    Is this illegal under NCAA rules?
    Why would it be?

There are no coaches, boosters, etc. involved; it's just a few friendly wagers between teammates.
    I have yet to figure out why common sense and common courtesy are called common.
    - Unknown

I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you've earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.
    - Thomas Sowell

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by uafan4life View Post
    Why would it be?

There are no coaches, boosters, etc. involved; it's just a few friendly wagers between teammates.
    Agreed. Here's hoping the NCAA keeps their noses in important matters because this isn't it.

BamaNation All-American

Nothing wrong with it, honestly.
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

Non-story

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Sam Montgomery and Kiki Mingo Had Performance-Based Bets With Each Other at LSU

Quote Originally Posted by tide96 View Post
    Non-story
    Bingo!

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Wonder if they bet who's butt would hit the turf the most against the Bama O Line?

Suspended

Tulane gets the death penalty. Case closed.

The admission about slacking in easier games is going to hurt his draft status, IMO...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I saw a tweet yesterday from someone covering the combine that scouts weren't overly impressed with either of them.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamabelle1991 View Post
    I saw a tweet yesterday from someone covering the combine that scouts weren't overly impressed with either of them.
    Mingo will struggle if he doesn't gain weight. the NFL OLine is no joke.
    Montgomery is a hit or miss in some games. both were non factors in the 2 last game against Bama.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Both were very good players. Not sure about the intensity in lesser games, but doing wagers with each other is a good motivator to work hard.