Alabama and LSU Offer a 14 Year-Old Recruit

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't think a 14 year old should be bothered with recruiting calls etc.

I don't think a school should be able to offer a scholarship until after the kids junior season is over.

As far as ability...this youngster looks amazing but I just think it's too young to be actively recruited.

...just my opinion.

sip

I guess I'm in the minority as well, I am not a big fan of it either. That's just my view. A lot can happen between now and his senior year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I guess I'm in the minority as well, I am not a big fan of it either. That's just my view. A lot can happen between now and his senior year.
Because things can happen between now and his senior year, Alabama shouldn't offer him a scholarship? Why?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
IIRC, it's already been said in this thread, but I'd be amazed if this were an unconditional, commitable offer. It basically just says that we're very interested in him, and, if he makes normal progress, a commitable offer will be waiting for him his senior year...

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
are we sure he's 14? Dead people vote in Lousianna all the time, don't think it would be too hard to change a lil ole birth certificate.

There's always the next step folks. With increased social media and technological advances it won't be long that there will be a system to evaluate <150lb. game footage to determine growth rate, musculature development, and agility in the youngsters. I would put our coach at the forefront of that system, lol.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
The same can be said for Marlon Humphrey or Bo. Should Bama not offer them scholarships?
I don't agree with offering freshman period , it doesn't matter who the name is, interest is a different story not the same as an offer. I hope you can respect my point of view. I agreed with a previous posters statement but obviously my point of view is unheard of. We can respect each others points of view without questioning it.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
I don't know how many here have raised boys up to and past the age of 14. I'm guess not too many.

I do know I have raised 2 boys and this whole thing is totally blown out of proportion by those wringing their hands over it.

This "offer" would be the coolest thing in the world to happen to this kid and give him instant harmless status among his peers that he will revel in. I dare say his life will not unravel nor will his chances at having a normal life.

I'm not saying anyone should not state their opinion but there's just no reason to make a mountain out of a molehill.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
I don't know how many here have raised boys up to and past the age of 14. I'm guess not too many.

I do know I have raised 2 boys and this whole thing is totally blown out of proportion by those wringing their hands over it.

This "offer" would be the coolest thing in the world to happen to this kid and give him instant harmless status among his peers that he will revel in. I dare say his life will not unravel nor will his chances at having a normal life.

I'm not saying anyone should not state their opinion but there's just no reason to make a mountain out of a molehill.
No one is complaining or making a mountain out of a mole hill. I don't have a prolem if a coach wants to do that That's not the issue. This is simply my philosyphy.I think people don't understand why they have to explain their opinion. I simply stated mine but unfortunately, I had to respond as to why I believe that. It's not a good or bad thing, a right or wrong thing. It's a difference of view and I really don't seem to think there is anything wrong with that. I think the mountain is formed when people have to have explanations as to why others see things differently. I have children. Until they reach an age old enough to understand the importance and meaning of a decision like that than that decision to entertain or commit to an offer would be off the table until a later point in time.As Earl stated earlier, I don't think this was an unconditional offer. That's about all I really have to say on this.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I just don't think that offering a freshman is going to damage them any more than offering a sophmore. Actually, it may give them a early first hand wake up call that there is something very good in their future if they take care of their business over the next several years.

How many times have we seen an older kid get an offer (or be in line for an offer), but he has negelected his grades and/or attitude for so long that it's too late to effectively change the course he is on?

This is an offer with strings attached. The kid doesn't have the scholarship yet and no doubt it's been pointed out that he will have to meet certain conditions in order to actually get to Bama. "Here's your opportunity, kid. Here's the path you have to travel to realize it. Now, go do it."

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
The father of the boy is going way out of his way to take the boy to the top camps across the SouthEast, so there obviously is no issue with the parents.

Big deal out of nothing........

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
The father of the boy is going way out of his way to take the boy to the top camps across the SouthEast, so there obviously is no issue with the parents.

Big deal out of nothing........

Some parents are fine with it , some are not. A different point of view is not making a big deal out of nothing. It's simply sharing a different vision about how someone would handle that situation themselves with their child. It doesn't mean it's not right for someone else or this kid involved. Parents have different rules and viewpoints than others. Thankfully, we are not all the same. Roll Tide!

Last edited:

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Some parents are fine with it , some are not. A different point of view is not making a big deal out of nothing. It's simply sharing a different vision about how someone would handle that situation themselves with their child. It doesn't mean it's not right for someone else or this kid involved. Parents have different rules and viewpoints than others. Thankfully, we are not all the same. Roll Tide!
Amen to that and Roll Tide!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.