Alabama and LSU Offer a 14 Year-Old Recruit

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
My son used to run summer track against him, as well as Bradley Sylve's little brother. At 8 years old, you could tell that some of them were going to be special.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Wow, those are NFL Combine numbers if correct. The kid must be a special athlete.
It never ceases to amaze me concerning the amount of talent that state seems to produce every year. We`ll talk about the ups and downs that the state of Alabama may have from year to year but has Louisiana ever had a "down" year?

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't think a 14 year old should be bothered with recruiting calls etc.

I don't think a school should be able to offer a scholarship until after the kids junior season is over.

As far as ability...this youngster looks amazing but I just think it's too young to be actively recruited.

...just my opinion.

sip

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
It never ceases to amaze me concerning the amount of talent that state seems to produce every year. We`ll talk about the ups and downs that the state of Alabama may have from year to year but has Louisiana ever had a "down" year?
They actually had a graphic on espn about how alabama has been the best recruiting state over the last several years outside of Florida Texas California. I think Louisiana actually has been somewhat down the last few years.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
They actually had a graphic on espn about how alabama has been the best recruiting state over the last several years outside of Florida Texas California. I think Louisiana actually has been somewhat down the last few years.
High school football in the state is getting much better. Programs are learning a major component in successful high school teams is the pee-wee team. High school coaches are putting in their system in the Jr. Highs and the pee-wees.

I have to wonder about the graphic ESPN showed. Is that based off their recruiting analysts and rankings or how the recruits from the states did in regards to college and professional football?

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't think a 14 year old should be bothered with recruiting calls etc.

I don't think a school should be able to offer a scholarship until after the kids junior season is over.

As far as ability...this youngster looks amazing but I just think it's too young to be actively recruited.

...just my opinion.

sip
I tend to agree but if the kid wants to be recruited, and the schools want to recruit him, then I don't really feel like my opinion matters too much.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I tend to agree but if the kid wants to be recruited, and the schools want to recruit him, then I don't really feel like my opinion matters too much.
Nailed it.

I'm not a fan of it. Wouldn't let my child go to camps or be recruited at that age. However, he and his family don't seem to mind.

Incidents like this are where coaches are hypocrites for telling fans and the media they make recruiting so big.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
High school football in the state is getting much better. Programs are learning a major component in successful high school teams is the pee-wee team. High school coaches are putting in their system in the Jr. Highs and the pee-wees.

I have to wonder about the graphic ESPN showed. Is that based off their recruiting analysts and rankings or how the recruits from the states did in regards to college and professional football?
Based on recruiting rankings I believe...I've seen it several times.

MS TN NC Tidefan

3rd Team
Jan 2, 2003
Huntersville, NC, USA
It is early to start it and given the changes to recruiting, it could turn into a circus. There is a poster over on SECrant (Tigerdroppings affiliate) claiming to be his dad that expressed his opinions.

There is a good bit of competition for spots at select schools. Given the value of a full-ride scholarship (with possible out of state tuition) plus education costs are increasing much faster than COL index, and both AL and LSU seen as NFL training grounds, I can't say that I blame them. (From someone with 2 in college right now.)

A lot of variables between now and his signing day though.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011

...just my opinion.

sip
I'm with you, Sip. But it happens in basketball a lot. If there is any coach I would trust with the situation, it would be Saban. I just can't imagine the expectations for the kid in high school.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

...just my opinion.

sip
I've read the articles on BOL and TideSports. The quotes from his parents and the kid himself lead me to believe they will handle this entire process with class. They are on top of things. I'll look forward to following his recruitment no matter where he ends up.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Well then, maybe it`s my imagination. I don`t know how many of LSU`s players are from out of state, but they are sure formidable despite their rather "unusual" head coach!

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I don't see what the big deal is with this scenario. This board is pretty calm about it, but their are others that are freaking out about this story. If the kid is that good, then the earlier you get his attention the better off you'll be. I agree that it's early, and you never know what could happen over the next four years that could cause this kid to fall of the map, but I see nothing wrong with this. IMHO

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Well then, maybe it`s my imagination. I don`t know how many of LSU`s players are from out of state, but they are sure formidable despite their rather "unusual" head coach!
LA is still a very talented state no doubt. When you think of the amount of players that have come from Alabama during our run it is pretty impressive compared to the size of the state.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
If this were a basketball player or baseball player the NBA or MLB would be all over this kid. I don't see what all the hubbub is over a couple of colleges having an interest in this him playing football.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

...just my opinion.

sip
Ditto that. Entering the realm of the ridiculous.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.