Just for fun: What's your offseason wish list for Coach Nuss?

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Diamond formation? Wishbone? Fumblerooski? Halfback pass?

List a thing or three you would love to see on offense for 2013. You can be deadly serious or not-so-much. It's the offseason.

My three:

1 - Return of the Counter Trey. Just to see T.J. juke an entire defense with one step and go all Shaun Alexander to the end zone. Once, CDN. C'mon, please?

2 - I-formation. We're going to run it now. Straight at you. You can't stop it. :cool2:

3 - Five-wide fever. AJ throwing bombs like the Eighth Air Force. Maybe this doesn't blend so well with #2 above, but maybe it does. Who cares. It's a wish list.

Fire away.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Have wanted Bama to use 2 RBs in the backfield at one time for a few years now. Doubt we see it, but wouldn't complain if Nuss decided to go with it.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I want to see AJ put up 400 yds in a game at least once...

I'd like to see three backs break 100 yds in the same game...

Go five wide with Yeldon in one slot, Kamara in the other slot, and go no huddle with OJ Howard as a split end. Having backs that can catch creates a nightmare when you shift them into the backfield from the slot and bring down your TE from wide to block. You can keep the same personnel to run and go no back...

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
First assistant coach to have the Heisman, Unitas, Walker, and Biletnikoff winners in the same season. How he does that is up to him.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Have wanted Bama to use 2 RBs in the backfield at one time for a few years now. Doubt we see it, but wouldn't complain if Nuss decided to go with it.
Fowler in front of Yeldon in an I-formation would be fun to watch.

To answer the OP, I just really want to see us utilize our TE's more. We have the possibility of an elite talent in OJ Howard, and I would love to see him used early and often. I would also love to see some open wildcat formation with Sims. I loved the system we ran with Maze where he was a threat to run and throw, and Sims could be unstoppable in that formation. You don't want to over use the Wild Tide formation, but I would love to see it more utilized.

Now chalk this up to mere curiosity, but I wonder who will be our big hoss to use on the goal line. In years past it was Cody and Jesse Williams, so I wonder who will be this year's bulldozer.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Toss sweep. Not a lot, just every once in a while. Keep those edge guys on edge and prevent them from stacking the box. Think about what a toss sweep to TJ would have done in our last series against UGA - when they knew we were going to run three times right into the middle... he probably would have scored.

DCETP

Scout Team
Sep 29, 2012
I would love to see both AJ and TJ have an opportunity to get enough yards to put them both in the Heisman running. How awesome would it be if we had two guys in the top 5? I know the voters would never allow it, but they if the guys put up the stats it would be hard for people to ignore. Also, OL development is a must, although I guess that is Coach Cristobal's job now.

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.
Short quick passes all over the place on the opening drive of a game. Hit em like a windshield wiper then bust Yeldon up the middle.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Diamond formation? Wishbone? Fumblerooski? Halfback pass?

List a thing or three you would love to see on offense for 2013. You can be deadly serious or not-so-much. It's the offseason.

My three:

1 - Return of the Counter Trey. Just to see T.J. juke an entire defense with one step and go all Shaun Alexander to the end zone. Once, CDN. C'mon, please?

2 - I-formation. We're going to run it now. Straight at you. You can't stop it. :cool2:

3 - Five-wide fever. AJ throwing bombs like the Eighth Air Force. Maybe this doesn't blend so well with #2 above, but maybe it does. Who cares. It's a wish list.

Fire away.
I like all of those but my favorito would be el numero two-o.

I guess it's just tough to think of anything better than a well executed number 2. :biggrin2:

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.