Poll: Who do you want to play in Pasadena in 2014?

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Now that we have exorcised the Texas and Notre Dame demons, what would be your dream match-up in Pasadena in 2014?

edit: Sorry, this was supposed to be a poll with the options:

1) Ohio St
2) FSU
3) Oregon
4) Oklahoma
5) USC
6) Other

Last edited:
B

BamaJ

Yeah, I'm going with Ohio State. My dad is a big OSU fan and I kinda like them, but to send Urban Myer back into retirement would be awesome!!!

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL
Got to be Ohio State. Annually over rated bunch of snobs and nobody can take a beatdown from the SEC any better. Notre Dame would be pretty sweet again too though.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
The way the question was framed (exorcising demons) it slants my answer a bit... at some point I would like to have another go at Utah

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
The way the question was framed (exorcising demons) it slants my answer a bit... at some point I would like to have another go at Utah
Don't sweat the small stuff. They caught us looking back on Florida before the team had the discipline to move on from a tough loss. FWIW, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't play 'em again in the next 50 years and then it would probably have to be a lower tier bowl!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Although my vote is for Ohio State and that would be a big one.

Perhaps my second vote, in terms of sheer history and glitz and glamour, would be to play USC in a NC game.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Other - I would love for one of these Cinderella teams that the media loves so much face us in Pasadena. It would be really nice to put that garbage scenario to rest before the playoffs kick in next year.

TCU or Boise State. Utah is a pipe dream, but would add icing to the cake.

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
Oregon.

As much as I agree with everyone about Ohio State, something in me wants to see us shut the "offense über alles" crowd up with a good old fashioned beat down of the Ducks. I'd love to hear the talking heads on ESPN, et al justify how Alabama simply doesn't see high octane offenses in the SEC and how we just don't match up. I'd also like to see the rank and file, uneducated football fans parrot this nonsense online for weeks leading up to the game.

Then, when the whistle blows and shoe meets leather, I'd like to watch - frosty adult beverage in hand - as Alabama goes Phil Robertson in an elementary school classroom on their chrome helmets and hypercolors uniforms. I want a beat-down to rival Foreman v. Frazier. Utter and complete domination that makes the last two BCSNCGs look like nail-biters. A beating so bad that Phil Knight asks Oregon to opt out of their Nike contract; a butt-kicking so bad that Chip Kelly has trouble sitting down to eat a Philly cheesesteak.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
Ohio State, I've visited some of their boards recently and they are as delusional as they come. They have a grossly inflated opinion of OHS and B1G football and they are in dire need of a reality check.

I'm wondering just how bad an arse whupping it will take for them to realize that OHS is not all that. Coach Bryant woodshedded a team that Woody Hayes said might be his best team ever, Florida easily handled them and even South Carolina put them in their place two years in a row.

Those folks need a little humility.......BAD

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Tide vs. Buckeyes for the BCS championship. This would be a dream match-up for me. Just not sure if it would be as much nightmare as dream.

I doubt that we have enough left on defense to get there, but our schedule is pretty accommodating this season (as is yours). Maybe...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.