John Parker Wilson released from Jaguars

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
I remember watching his first start as a soph for Hoover in the state playoffs. I thin he won that game but Hoover lost in the semi's. The senior starter had been lost to injury. 2000 I think.
I'm also pretty sure he was an infamous grayshirt! Ooohh. Under Shula at that!

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Yes, he was a gray, I remember that was the first time I ever heard the term. I wasn't aware he was still in the NFL. Where is Brodie Crroyle these days?

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL
Making room for a run at Matt Cassell? Or they sticking behind Gabbert?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John Parker was on the practice squad, so it's really not an indicator either way.

Publicly Jaguars management is backing Gabbert, but I don't think anyone really thinks he's going to be the Jaguars' QB going forward. He's been a complete disappointment. And, until free agency opens, other QBs can't really be discussed.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Good luck to him. He engineered the game winning drive against Arkansas during CNS's first year that I'll never forget while I stood a a few feet away from a hot recruit named Julio Jones who was visiting that game.

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
Good luck to him. He engineered the game winning drive against Arkansas during CNS's first year that I'll never forget while I stood a a few feet away from a hot recruit named Julio Jones who was visiting that game.
Great pair who provided me with one of my great memories of them. I was in Tiger Stadium the next year when JPs throw to Julio set up JPs sneak for the winning TD in OT. True freshman Julio nearly dragged I don't know how many idiot Tigers into the endzone. All was setup by Rashads great interception of who else but Jarrett Lee, you know the QB who would've won the BCSCG for them against us last year if only Les had put him in.;) Anyway the '08 game shouldn't have gone to OT, but some idiot ref flagged JP for giving the 'phone me' sign to the LSWhoo student body because they had been calling his cell phone all week. Idiotic 'taunting' penalty. Game was too close for comfort but at least we got out of there with a 'W' preserving our #1 ranking.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
Great pair who provided me with one of my great memories of them. I was in Tiger Stadium the next year when JPs throw to Julio set up JPs sneak for the winning TD in OT. True freshman Julio nearly dragged I don't know how many idiot Tigers into the endzone. All was setup by Rashads great interception of who else but Jarrett Lee, you know the QB who would've won the BCSCG for them against us last year if only Les had put him in.;) Anyway the '08 game shouldn't have gone to OT, but some idiot ref flagged JP for giving the 'phone me' sign to the LSWhoo student body because they had been calling his cell phone all week. Idiotic 'taunting' penalty. Game was too close for comfort but at least we got out of there with a 'W' preserving our #1 ranking.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
It seems to me like we were always on the bad end of the stick when it came to that penalty. When our players do it, a flag is thrown. However, I have seen several QBs do it against us and no flag.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
He lasted longer than I expected even as a backup. Probably time for him to look towards taking that NFL money and setting up a career in insurance or something.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.