Team visit to the White House announced

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
How many White House visits have there been in all?
This will be the third with President Obama.
The 1992 team was honored at the White House, but I don't remember whether President Bush was still in office or if it was after President Clinton transitioned.
I believe the 1978 and 79 teams visited President Carter, but I'm not sure.

How many White House visits have there been in all?
This will be the third with President Obama.
The 1992 team was honored at the White House, but I don't remember whether President Bush was still in office or if it was after President Clinton transitioned.
I believe the 1978 and 79 teams visited President Carter, but I'm not sure.
If I remember correctly, the '92 team visit came shortly after President Clinton started his first term.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I'm pretty sure the 1992 team visited Clinton. The Sugar Bowl was on New Years' Day and trying to throw a visit together in two weeks would have been impossible. I also remember some political comments at the time concerning Clinton.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Like others, it's irrelevant how I feel about the President in this case. If I ever had the opportunity to meet him, and in this instance, meet him at the White House, it would be an absolute honor. It's awesome that some of these players can say, "I've meet the President three times before."

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Hope the winter weather heading towards DC doesn't cancel the trip. Starting tomorrow night into Wednesday afternoon they are supposed to get 6-8 inches of snow. Of course if they get stuck, maybe Nick can solve Iran, N Korea, taxes and the budget....

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
So far trip is still on with Delta. That could change though.

Trust me when I say it would have to be a change from the White House or the FAA. No way Saban wants a change to the schedule.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
So far trip is still on with Delta. That could change though.

Trust me when I say it would have to be a change from the White House or the FAA. No way Saban wants a change to the schedule.
And it's now been changed.

@Andrew_Gribble
Alabama's trip to White House has been canceled because of "expected inclement weather." Will be rescheduled for a future date.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
And it's now been changed.

@Andrew_Gribble
Alabama's trip to White House has been canceled because of "expected inclement weather." Will be rescheduled for a future date.
I know. Sad thing is I found out online first instead of with Delta. :biggrin: They didn't call for another hour or so.

So disappointed but it should be warmer next time around.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.