Scott Cochran's Weight Room Playlist--anybody know what's on it?

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
It's just Scott Cochran yelling motivational phrases, which is the best of things.
I know he deserves alot of credit for our success, but I imagine the players get tired of that 24/7 from him. I know I would. Just plug into my I-pod and and let me do my thing. You can yell at me when I am ready to max out.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
You guys are funny. He calls it JOCK ROCK on his new weight room tour video. I will still hold out hope that someone, somewhere knows what artists he likes. He said that it sounds like a major night club when the music is pumping.

Quicksilver

1st Team
Mar 13, 2010
Ellicott City, MD
I know he deserves alot of credit for our success, but I imagine the players get tired of that 24/7 from him. I know I would. Just plug into my I-pod and and let me do my thing. You can yell at me when I am ready to max out.
Scott Chochran is an odd character. In his weight room tour, he alternates between speaking in a normal, conversational tone of voice and issuing loud guttural growls for emphasis. The animal-sounding outbursts would make sense in the context of instructing and motivating players, but he is speaking to a group of reporters who are simply there to learn about the new facility.

Last edited:

BAMAFAN IN NY

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2007
Watertown, NY
www.myspace.com
Scott Chochran is an odd character. In hisweight room tour, he alternates between speaking in a normal, conversationaltone of voice and issuing loud guttural growls for emphasis. Theanimal-sounding outbursts would make sense in the context of instructing andmotivating players, but he is speaking to a group of reporters who are simplythere to learn about the new facility.
Thats not all hes doing. HEs speaking to recruits.. hes showing excitement. hes selling.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Seeing as how most of the players listen to music that most of the people here don't listen to, I'd venture to say that it's probably best if it's not known what's on the playlist. The same songs that people complain about on highlight videos....yeah....that's the same music that our players (and players we're recruiting) listen to. And since I doubt Coach Saban works out in there with them, it's pretty safe to say that The Eagles didn't make the cut.

Boo Radley

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2003
Domus Dulcis Alabamus
Scott Chochran is an odd character. In hisweight room tour, he alternates between speaking in a normal, conversationaltone of voice and issuing loud guttural growls for emphasis. Theanimal-sounding outbursts would make sense in the context of instructing andmotivating players, but he is speaking to a group of reporters who are simplythere to learn about the new facility.
Yeah, well his oddity works with players, recruits, and fans.

As for his playlist, he said in the video that he doesn't understand most of it anyway.

Last edited:

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Seeing as how most of the players listen to music that most of the people here don't listen to, I'd venture to say that it's probably best if it's not known what's on the playlist. The same songs that people complain about on highlight videos....yeah....that's the same music that our players (and players we're recruiting) listen to. And since I doubt Coach Saban works out in there with them, it's pretty safe to say that The Eagles didn't make the cut.
No offense to any of the more "mature" music lovers, but I like the music on the videos and so does my son. haha! I have a friend who is married to a former player so I will just ask her since I can't get no satisfaction from this board! Pun intended! :D

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I'm sure it's pretty intense music but what else would you expect from him?

We have a HS coach at our local school that is trying to be a carbon copy of coach Cochran. It's hilarious to watch because he's a huge flop at it. It's just sad really.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
He said on the video that it's whatever the players like. Then he made the comment about not understanding it anyway.

BoroBama

1st Team
Jun 12, 2008
You can have the play list easier than you think. He actually uses Pandora. You can choose from the hip hop stations, hip hop strength training, or the rap strength training station.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Scott Chochran is an odd character. In his weight room tour, he alternates between speaking in a normal, conversational tone of voice and issuing loud guttural growls for emphasis. The animal-sounding outbursts would make sense in the context of instructing and motivating players, but he is speaking to a group of reporters who are simply there to learn about the new facility.
That is what makes him cool!!!! :cool2:

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Kenny G and Henry Mancini HAVE to be on it, RIGHT?

Sorry to hear The Eagles didn't make the cut. Would love to see some of the players get amped up for dead lift listening to "Long Road Out of Eden" intro.

RTR!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.