Auburn wants to claim nine (9!) national titles?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
That's so cute. They want to claim 9. Bama claims 15, which is greater than 9. Bama can also claim more than 15 if it would like.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
whenever the topic comes up with an auburn fan, i think it's best to respond "okay, for argument's sake, we'll go with only the AP/BCS titles. we have 9...you have 2." there's really no rational argument they can make against that. i concede, of course, that using "rational" in relation to auburn fans makes little or no sense.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
What recognized title did they win in 93 and 04?

Our titles are recognized authorities. In 1993 and 2004, there were two.

They didn't win either one.

But let 'em do what they wish. It's still less than us and even on probation we were the top story in the state so who cares?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This is what makes fans, well, fans. I don't really have a problem with it.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
Somebody needs to take a picture of their trophy case and post it on their web site for them. Maybe the visual will help them because the mental sure isn't.

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
whenever the topic comes up with an auburn fan, i think it's best to respond "okay, for argument's sake, we'll go with only the AP/BCS titles. we have 9...you have 2." there's really no rational argument they can make against that. i concede, of course, that using "rational" in relation to auburn fans makes little or no sense.
I always just go to SEC titles.
We have 23.
They have seven.
Usually stops them cold... or at least gets them talking about fambly, creed and the other nonsense that they soothe themselves with.

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
What recognized title did they win in 93 and 04?

Our titles are recognized authorities. In 1993 and 2004, there were two.

They didn't win either one.

But let 'em do what they wish. It's still less than us and even on probation we were the top story in the state so who cares?

Auburn Total National Championships
http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/sec/auburn/all_national_champs.php

Auburn Recognized National Championships
http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/sec/auburn/national_champs.php

and for comparison:

Alabama Total National Championships
http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/sec/alabama/all_national_champs.php

Alabama Recognized National Championships
http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/sec/alabama/national_champs.php

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
You gotta respect that Montgomery Full Season Championship in 1958.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I always just go to SEC titles.
We have 23.
They have seven.
Usually stops them cold... or at least gets them talking about fambly, creed and the other nonsense that they soothe themselves with.
But, what about the TREES??? :wink:

I say let them do what they want to do. SNASS.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I guess that means I can claim the 1983 Alabama State Championship in football, sure we lost 5 games but there were reasons for them all and we faced adversity. While I'm at it I'm going to go ahead and claim the United States won the battle of Pearl Harbor, it just sounds better to say we won it, plus they missed out on the carriers.

Bama Bird

Scout Team
Feb 6, 2013
So they want to claim 1910, 1913, 1914, 1958, 1983, 1993, and 2004

1910- Auburn 6-1
Teams with better record: Illinois, Colorado College, Colorado, Pittsburgh, Harvard, Washington, Vanderbilt, Navy, Southern Cal (and many others that had the same record or identical win percentage).

Services awarding Auburn NC: none

Analysis: Let's face it, Southern football was a joke until the 20s, and we really probably shouldn't have beaten Washington in '26. Harvard, Illinois, Pitt, Washington and USC would have SLAUGHTERED Auburn. Auburn lost one game 0-9 to Texas, despite that being the only game they surrendered a point (which wasn't that uncommon back then)

1913- Auburn 8-0
Teams with better record: Nebraska, Harvard

Services awarding Auburn NC: Billingsley

Analysis: A lot more legitimate claim than 1910. Once again, though. Harvard would have slaughtered them

1914- Auburn 8-0-1
Teams with better record: Tennessee, Army, Texas, Illinois

Services awarding Auburn NC: none

Analysis: No legitimate claim. It's really as simple as that

1958- Auburn 9-0-1

Teams with better record: LSU (Iowa also won NC)

Services awarding Auburn NC: None

Analysis: Auburn tied Georgia Tech who went 5-4-1.

I will admit that they have a legit claim to 1983 and possibly 2004 (knowing all we know now). In short, if they feel compelled to add 1913, 1983, and 2004.... so be it. But the other 4 NC claims are simply illegitimate

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.