Auburn wants to claim nine (9!) national titles?

BamaSully

1st Team
Oct 13, 1999
Jackson, TN
I live in Tennessee so I get this same junk from them occasionally. I also know a few fans of Michigan, Ohio State, and LSU who are pretty mouthy. My favorite all-time answer for them when they go on a tirade about how many titles we claim is this.

"So you feel like some of the titles we claim are not legit and shouldn't be counted? Now who is it that you pull for? Tell ya what...you pick the counting method and then let's compare yours against mine."

I basically let them tell me '41 don't count or whatever year they wanna complain about that day, then still beat them fair and square after they pick the scoring method. That tends to keep the chatter down for a while.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
When an Aubie or fan of another SEC team starts berating me over our claimed national championships I always reply back, well Bama has 23 SEC championships how many does your team have? Auburn has 7 and Tennessee is second to Bama with 13. Nothing mythical about SEC championships is there? ;)

When they reply back, well ya'll don't have that many national championships I then reply back ya'll don't either and just how many is it ya'll claim to have? Its an exercise in futility but they usually change the subject after that. ;)

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
Hate to say it, but it is probably true. My guess is that after his success in buying $cam and the resulting NC in 2010, Mr. Lowder has probably decided to go back and purchase 7 additional titles directly from Blinn Junior College.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.