Question: Are Armed Teachers the Answer to stop future school massacres?

Should teachers be trained and armed for school safety?

• Yes

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 51.7%

• Total voters

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Ya know, if I was really into conspiracies, I'd say someone is having all these shootings take place around the country so as to infuriate the citizenry enough for everyone to demand that all firearms be banned across the country. I'm sure it would meet certain political ends, but then again I'm not into those types of conspiracies....

Last edited:

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
Ya know, if I was really into conspiracies, I'd say someone is having all these shootings take place around the country so as to infuriate the citizenry enough for everyone to demand that all firearms be banned across the country. I'm sure it would meet certain political ends, but then again I'm not into those types of conspiracies....
Not one for conspiracies, but I believe people within the media are exploiting these stories to push a political agenda. I've never seen so many stories of gun crimes until recently. Exploitation of stories for political gain is nothing new and gun control is the hot topic now.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
Thats a result of the gun culture that we live in unfortunately. I hope the answer doesn't become arming every place we go.
Instead of trying to arm the places, how about just letting the private citizenry carry their own firearms instead of trying to disarm them? Are you taking a chance that you might have an old-fashioned shoot-out? Yes.
But then again, it would probably greatly reduce or even bring an end to wholesale murders of innocent folks at schools, churches, etc., etc.
If you continue on this route of disarming innocent civilians, the only thing you're accomplishing is creating many more victims.

45longcolt

All-SEC
Dec 30, 2007
Warrior 35180
Thats a result of the gun culture that we live in unfortunately. I hope the answer doesn't become arming every place we go.

If the right to carry were extended to the normally sane PUBLIC then you would be committing suicide if you drew a weapon to assault someone else.
Yes an armed citizenry would be the answer to violence by an individual. Thanks to an armed citizenry we speak (well most of us) English rather than German or Japanese. If the buffoons in DC deserve armed protection then we, the general public, deserve no less.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
No, that's a result of flawed human nature. The only answer in an imperfect world is to be prepared to defend yourself. When you get to Utopia, say hello to the good lord for me, 'cause there's no place like that on earth and never has been - even before the invention of guns.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
The gunman in CO would have been shot had he even picked a different county in the state. He picked that one because of the gun ban. Banning guns causes an increase in crime. The stats are there and you can't hide from them. I never want to see a massacre on this scale again and that means the status quo must be altered.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Ya know Bamaro, it all boils down to whether or not one believes in individual rights. If you do, then stop all the hand-wringing. If not, then continue to subjugate the populace.

Bama Bird

Scout Team
Feb 6, 2013
My mom works in an intercity school system. Let's just say there are some teachers in that system that really, REALLY shouldn't have guns

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
No.
Institutionalizing the mentally ill would be a good start.
Maybe I am misunderstanding. Are you saying that if you had a child that you had raised who was diagnosed with bipolar affective disorder as a 17 year old, you would want the government to come take him against your will and place him in an institution?

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
None of this would be a problem if all the chillruns were home schooled.

My apologies, riz. I saw the thread get to four pages without you and had to help out.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005

My apologies, riz. I saw the thread get to four pages without you and had to help out.
In a perfect world, that might seem like it's a good idea. Knowing the lack of education or common sense of some of the parents around here though, their kids are better off in public schools.

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
Eh heh.

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
Instead of trying to arm the places, how about just letting the private citizenry carry their own firearms instead of trying to disarm them? Are you taking a chance that you might have an old-fashioned shoot-out? Yes.
But then again, it would probably greatly reduce or even bring an end to wholesale murders of innocent folks at schools, churches, etc., etc.
If you continue on this route of disarming innocent civilians, the only thing you're accomplishing is creating many more victims.
I thought private citizenry could carry their own firearms? :conf2:

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl

Thank you, my friend. There would be no more school shootings, just simple murders at home. :biggrin2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.