Game Thread: ****Bama vs. Ole Miss***

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
All the same admonitions apply - this is a game thread, for following the action, particularly for those at work or who have any reason not to be able to view. We didn't do very well in the last game thread in avoiding player/coach bashing. UF is a 16 pt favorite, and, as far as I can tell, they deserve every point. So, this is quite likely not going to be pretty. Anyone who just gets angry anytime we're losing - and you know who you are - needs to stay out of the game thread because I'm going to have a quick trigger on suspensions for violation of the policies. Remember the late Bayoutider's rule - "It's frequently not what you say but how you say it..."

I get to watch this with my Ole Miss alum wife. Not often that a Bama v. OM game has any real impact in any sport...

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Ole Miss is 15-1 at home and 6th in the nation in scoring offense. They are not playing real well right now though. Hope they don't have a coming out party tonight.

Ty Webb

Suspended
Feb 3, 2012
I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE refs on the road. Ridiculous.

Weak charge call on Lacy and now a phantom call behind the play.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
not much point in talking about fouls this game since you know they will call 1000 on us and maybe 8 on them.

bamafan_bdb

1st Team
Jan 14, 2004
Early observations:

1) If I played on Henderson's team I'd punch him in the mouth for the shots he takes. Insane.
2) Two of our possessions were of the shot-clock-winding-down-throw-up-a-three variety. Can't let that be a pattern. We must move the ball, screen, and attack.

Ty Webb

Suspended
Feb 3, 2012
Wow! We got a shooting foul call.

Hope we play aggressive on O like Randolph there.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
If the announcers would listen to what they're saying, a big reason why some teams are so much worse on the road than at home is due to the officials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.