7. Missouri 10-8

8. Georgia 9-9
9. LSU 9-9
10. Vanderbilt 8-10
11. Texas A&M 7-11
12. South Carolina 4-14

13. Mississippi State 4-14
13. Barn U. 3-15

So we could very well have a five way tie for second. We went 2-3 against this group. We beat Kentucky and split with Tennessee. but since Tennessee beat Florida, if we were tied with them, they'd top us since they had beaten the #1 team. (I think that is how it works).

Trying to figure out all the combinations of where we could be seeded gives me a headache. someone with more time and patience can try to sort them out. A four way tie for second gives us a 1-2 mark with the tied teams and Kentucky is the least likely winner, so if we beat Georgia and it is a four way tie, it looks like we'd be fourth seed and would get the #5 seed (Kentucky or Tennessee) in the quarterfinals and then Florida if we win that game.

It will be an interesting Saturday. right now we don't know what any first round matchups will be. The best we can say is USCe gets the Barn-MSU winner.

Last edited:

Bama Bird

Scout Team
Feb 6, 2013
This tournament is going to be interesting, to say the least. Out of Florida and the field, I pick the field... and that truly could be anybody. I could easily see Missouri and Ole Miss losing this weekend. It's strange to want to cheer for LSU and Tennessee, but I'll be doing it

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
This tournament is going to be interesting, to say the least. Out of Florida and the field, I pick the field... and that truly could be anybody. I could easily see Missouri and Ole Miss losing this weekend. It's strange to want to cheer for LSU and Tennessee, but I'll be doing it
Isn't tennessee a bubble team though? Should we pulling for them? I guess if we don't want to play Florida before the finals.. Right? But still I think we'll have to get through them eventually..

Bama Bird

Scout Team
Feb 6, 2013
The only way we're making the NCAA tournament now is by winning the SEC tournament. We need as high of a seed as we can get and pray someone else knocks Florida off

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
The only way we're making the NCAA tournament now is by winning the SEC tournament. We need as high of a seed as we can get and pray someone else knocks Florida off
You are wrong. If we make it to the finals we are in....maybe the semis...depending on who else loses.

We need mizzou to beat UT, LSU to beat Ole Miss, Florida to beat UK

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
1. Florida 14-3 @ Kentucky

2. Missouri 11-6 @Tennessee
Ole Miss 11-6 @LSU
Alabama 11-6 vs. Georgia
Kentucky 11-6 vs. Florida

6. Tennessee 10-7 vs. Missouri

7. LSU 9-8 vs. Ole Miss
8. Arkansas 9-8 vs. Texas A&M
9. Georgia 9-8 @Alabama

10. Texas A&M 7-10 @Arkansas
11. Vanderbilt 7-10 vs. South Carolina

12. South Carolina 4-13 @Vanderbilt

13. Barn U. 3-14 @Mississippi St.
Mississippi state 3-14 vs. Barn U.

So we could very well have a five way tie for second. We went 2-3 against this group. We beat Kentucky and split with Tennessee. but since Tennessee beat Florida, if we were tied with them, they'd top us since they had beaten the #1 team. (I think that is how it works).

Trying to figure out all the combinations of where we could be seeded gives me a headache. someone with more time and patience can try to sort them out. A four way tie for second gives us a 1-2 mark with the tied teams and Kentucky is the least likely winner, so if we beat Georgia and it is a four way tie, it looks like we'd be fourth seed and would get the #5 seed (Kentucky or Tennessee) in the quarterfinals and then Florida if we win that game.

It will be an interesting Saturday. right now we don't know what any first round matchups will be. The best we can say is USCe gets the Barn-MSU winner.

As soon as the following link is updated, it will answer all of your questions.

http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/Portals/3/SEC Website/menshoops/The Road To Nashville.pdf

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
If we win and both OM and UM win we're 4 seed.
If we win and OM or UM loses we're 3 seed.
If we win and both OM and UM lose 2 seed.
If we lose and both UK and UT lose 4 seed
We need to win
We hold the tiebreaker on UK
Edit
If we lose, UK loses, and UT wins we would be on 3rd tiebreaker with UT for 4 seed?

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Here are the SEC standings according to ESPN. I'll post an updated bracket with these standings in a minute. Every whistle tomorrow will be scrutinized because of the impact of the tournament seeding.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
With the UK loss to UGA last night it is now a 4 way tie for second. However, nothing changed. It is still UK, MO, UM, and UA, in that order.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
Ole Miss 11-6 @LSU
Alabama 11-6 vs. Georgia

That smells like Alabama may still end up #2. Not that it matters...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Ole Miss 11-6 @LSU
Alabama 11-6 vs. Georgia

That smells like Alabama may still end up #2. Not that it matters...
Mizzou won't get the calls in Knoxville, nor will Ole Miss in Baton Rouge. Bama holds the tie breaker over Kentucky, so Bama getting the #2 is very likely.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Here are the SEC standings according to ESPN. I'll post an updated bracket with these standings in a minute. Every whistle tomorrow will be scrutinized because of the impact of the tournament seeding.

Good ole ESPN! Listed by Overall record. Which has nothing to do with it! UK is second, MO is third , UM is fourth, and Bama is fifth.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Overall, Bama wins the foul battle in Tuscaloosa. Bama hasn't won it like other teams, though.
Basketball has always been my favorite sport. I am very close to being done with it because of officiating. Have always expected it (officiaing) to be bad, and something to overcome by just being better. But it is way beyond bad now. It is way beyond terrible.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If Tennessee beats Missouri and the other tied teams all lose, we have a five way tie for second. The records among these teams would be......

Mississippi 4-2
Kentucky 3-2
Tennessee 3-4
Missouri 2-3
Alabama 2-3

We lost to Missouri, so we'd get the #6 seed and play the 11/14 winner on Thursday. We'd also get sixth if we lose, Tennessee beats Missouri and Kentucky and Ole Miss win (creating a three way tie for fourth and two way for second). Tennessee would be fourth and Missouri fifth. Kentucky would be #2 and Ole Miss #3.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Kentucky upsets Florida to boost their tourney hopes and hurt ours. LSU is up early on the Black Bears, so we should know more about our seeding possibility when we tip off.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If we win and both Missouri and Ole Miss when we'd be #5. That means we'd have to play in the second round against the winner of the 12/13 game.

If we win and Missouri only win we'd be in a three way tie for second. The head to head between us and MO and UK was 1-1. Both of them beat Florida and we did not, so I think we'd be #4 in that scenario.

If we win and Ole Miss only wins, we are all still at 1-1. Kentucky gets #2 by beating Florida and we drop to #4 since we lost to Ole Miss.

If we in and both the Ms lose, we are #2 since we beat Kentucky.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.