SEC tournament seeding possibilities

Ty Webb

Suspended
Feb 3, 2012
We're going to have to win today and then win a bunch of games in the SEC tourney to have a chance.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Things are coming into focue now. If we win and Missouri loses, we are #4. If we and Missouri win, we are #5. If we lose and Missouri loses, we are in a three way tie for fourth. I think Tennessee would get #4 and we'd be #6.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
1. Florida 14-4
2. Kentucky 11-7
3. Ole Miss 11-7
4. Alabama 11-7
5. Arkansas 10-8
6. Tennessee 10-8
7. Missouri 10-8

8. Georgia 9-9
9. LSU 9-9
10. Vanderbilt 8-10
11. Texas A&M 7-11
12. South Carolina 4-14

13. Barn U. 3-14 @Mississippi St.
Mississippi State 3-14 vs. Barn U.
Kentucky, Ole miss and us all went 1-1 against each other, so the next tie breaker is how they did against Florida. The other two beat Florida and we did not, so we get #4. Kentucky is #2 for beating Ole Miss.

Arkansas split with Missouri and beat UT and UT beat Missouri in their only game. So Arkansas gets #5 for having a 2-1 record in their group. Tennessee went 1-1 to get #6 and Missouri is #7.

Georgia beat LSU to get the #8 seed.

So South Carolina will play the Barn/MSU winner and the Barn/MSU loser gets Texas A&M. Arkansas gets the winner of the Aggie game and we play that winner. If we in that game, we get Florida or the Georgia/LSU winner in the semifinals.

I think that is right.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Kentucky, Ole miss and us all went 1-1 against each other, so the next tie breaker is how they did against Florida. The other two beat Florida and we did not, so we get #4. Kentucky is #2 for beating Ole Miss.

Arkansas split with Missouri and beat UT and UT beat Missouri in their only game. So Arkansas gets #5 for having a 2-1 record in their group. Tennessee went 1-1 to get #6 and Missouri is #7.

Georgia beat LSU to get the #8 seed.

So South Carolina will play the Barn/MSU winner and the Barn/MSU loser gets Texas A&M. Arkansas gets the winner of the Aggie game and we play that winner. If we in that game, we get Florida or the Georgia/LSU winner in the semifinals.

I think that is right.
Yes I wasn't looking past our head to head with KU. It went to the third tiebreaker.

jangalang

All-SEC
Feb 16, 2003
Miami, FL
I guess Alabama needs to play UT anyway. UT looks to be in, if Alabama plays and beats them, I would assume the positions would be reversed. So, you have to be happy with that possibility.
I wouldn't bet on that. That's what we thought about beating Georgia in the tournament 2 years ago. I think if we have to win 2 to get in.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I wouldn't bet on that. That's what we thought about beating Georgia in the tournament 2 years ago. I think if we have to win 2 to get in.
I agree, especially since Lunardi just dropped us from 1st four out to next 4 out.. Temple beating VCU and a 20 loss Liberty winning its conference tourney doesn't help as they take a spot away from a bubble team.

Bama Bird

Scout Team
Feb 6, 2013
I guess Alabama needs to play UT anyway. UT looks to be in, if Alabama plays and beats them, I would assume the positions would be reversed. So, you have to be happy with that possibility.
This reminds me all too much of the "Alabama or Georgia" debate in 2011. We beat Georgia TWICE to close the season, but they still got the nod over us. We're going to have to win the SEC tournament to get in. We have too many bad losses and exactly zero good wins

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
This reminds me all too much of the "Alabama or Georgia" debate in 2011. We beat Georgia TWICE to close the season, but they still got the nod over us. We're going to have to win the SEC tournament to get in. We have too many bad losses and exactly zero good wins
Villanova is a good win. UK is a good win. If we had zero good wins we would not be a bubble team.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
No disrespect to you but that's not close to being true.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
I agree, especially since Lunardi just dropped us from 1st four out to next 4 out.. Temple beating VCU and a 20 loss Liberty winning its conference tourney doesn't help as they take a spot away from a bubble team.
Liberty winning didn't hurt us a bit. They aren't stealing a bid from anyone. Their conf is a one bid league. I think we are going to have to make it to Sunday. We make it to Sunday by beating UT and FLA we are in.... If we make it to Sunday though we might as well win it all.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
Liberty winning didn't hurt us a bit. They aren't stealing a bid from anyone. Their conf is a one bid league. I think we are going to have to make it to Sunday. We make it to Sunday by beating UT and FLA we are in.... If we make it to Sunday though we might as well win it all.
Pretty sure if we get through UT then we have a relatively good chance of making it depending on how other teams do. But beating Florida too would secure us for sure, but your right if we get through Florida we might as well win it all

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Pretty sure if we get through UT then we have a relatively good chance of making it depending on how other teams do. But beating Florida too would secure us for sure, but your right if we get through Florida we might as well win it all
I'm leaning that way too since they are the "hot" team. Hate that it came to that but it just shows how important the early games can be. Especially the wins Bama had no business losing.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.