Kelly and Notre Dame media are still making excuses for the blowout! We've seen this

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Re: Kelly and Notre Dame media are still making excuses for the blowo

I knew nd was in trouble when it was reported that kelly had actually called to get advice on bcs prep from les miles. I mean what did les say "Ah, have em' in before 4 am the night before the title game." LOL

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Re: Kelly and Notre Dame media are still making excuses for the blowo

Exactly! Most likely two of the 3 fouls are going to be waived off anyway. If I am the ref, I'm going to assess the one where there are no ifs, ands, nor buts. And I am going to explain it on the field to the point that even the ignorant people in the press box can understand it. That was the entire problem. The person hired to correctly inform the TV audience as to what was happening didn't know WTH he was talking about.
YEP... He had quite a VERN moment.
(That's who I always think of when I hear an announcer get everything wrong) ;)

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
Re: Kelly and Notre Dame media are still making excuses for the blowout! We've see

Nothing could make me happier than this. What would make me unhappy would be for a rival coach to talk like CNS and say, "We aren't as good as that team right now, so I have a detailed process to systematically improve all this that moves toward perfection in recruiting character, strength training, coaching technique, etc., etc."

I hope everyone believes Kelly and it leads to us playing them every year in the NCG.

Ty Webb

Suspended
Feb 3, 2012
Re: Kelly and Notre Dame media are still making excuses for the blowout! We've see

Nothing could make me happier than this. What would make me unhappy would be for a rival coach to talk like CNS and say, "We aren't as good as that team right now, so I have a detailed process to systematically improve all this that moves toward perfection in recruiting character, strength training, coaching technique, etc., etc."

I hope everyone believes Kelly and it leads to us playing them every year in the NCG.
Agreed. And that's probably why I made the OP. I may simply be use to what CNS' response would have been, which is what you stated. Some of Kelly's comments sounded like excuses to me.

efd840

1st Team
Nov 23, 2009
I just don't get his comments about miscalculating the enormity of the game. Playing Alabama in the BCS Championship is nothing like playing Michigan State, USC or Oklahoma to go undefeated. Comments like that make me think he is in over his head.
I can completely understand the comment. Kelly coached in three and won two D-II championship games but neither he nor any member of his staff had never been part of a BCS title game. It would be normal for him to pull from his experience in D-II, add in his BCS bowl experience at Cincy, and think he had a handle on it. The problem is D-II championships and BCS bowl games aren't a match for the pressure and intensity of a normal BCS title game and this was Alabama/Notre Dame - a step above the 'normal' BCS title game.

I strongly suspect you've got to be there once to fully understand what's involved.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.