Question: Dominant Players in 2013

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Being the off season, spring practice doesn't start until Saturday, and all, I just wanted to offer the names of a few new players I think will have a huge impact on the team in 2013.

1. Landon Collins -- saw glimpses of an outstanding player in his play on Special Teams last year. Speed, excellent tackling, and instinct for the ball. I think we will get two special years from Landon before he heads to the NFL as a top 10 pick like Mark Barron did.

2. Reggie Ragland -- Was so impressed with him in the Under Armor game and again saw glimpses of a very special player to be. I see him him dominating the inside LB role for the next couple of years before heading to the NFL as a junior.

3. Chris Black -- Again impressed with him in the Under Armor game. Apparently he was on a par with Coop prior to his injury. I was really pleased the Tide was not forced to use him and lose his redshirt which has given him extra time to really heal up.

I hope there will be other surprise players who excel and, of course, my selections' success is predicated on no serious injury.

Who else do you think should be included on this list?

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
With the receiving corps we will have this year, AJ McCarron will get my vote as who should be our most dominent player statistically speaking.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
The second string running back behind Yeldon:. We have so much talent at running back that it could be Drake, Henry, Kamara, Tenpenny, Fowler, or Jones. I don't know who will emerge through spring training, but whoever it is will be really, really good.

Adrian Hubbard: He started emerging through last season, and by the end of the season he should be a full blown super-star.

Ryan Kelly. It takes a special player to replace the likes of Barrett Jones, but I think Kelly will be an anchor in the middle of the line for a while to come.

Gino Smith, HaHa, and Landon Collins: Our secondary is still very young, but these young guys have the potential to be outstanding. HaHa was starting to show signs toward the end of last season, and like Hubbard he could be a star by the end of the season.

O.J. Howard: He has the potential to be a star of the future, and he is my early favorite of our incoming freshman class.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Will definitely be Jeff Pagan in terms of guys who are already here.

The newcomers?

Jonathan Allen. Remember the name. Strong glimpses of a certain 55 at Bama in the late 80s.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Put me down for LaMichael Fanning. If this guy gets it together at 6'7 300 pounds this guy will reek havoc on opposing OL's. I pray he has seen the light now with what's happened with some of the other players.

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010
I have high hope for Fanning too. I like every name mentioned in this post, but I really hope the light comes on for this guy. He has the potential to eat OL guys for lunch...
Put me down for LaMichael Fanning. If this guy gets it together at 6'7 300 pounds this guy will reek havoc on opposing OL's. I pray he has seen the light now with what's happened with some of the other players.

I have high hope for Fanning too. I like every name mentioned in this post, but I really hope the light comes on for this guy. He has the potential to eat OL guys for lunch...
Yes! I didn't realize how big he was until the Mizzou game. He could be Clowney Lite...

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Unless I read it incorrectly it is not just new players?

If so AJ wins the Heisman & his 3rd NC

If we are talking new Fanning is going to be a beast at defense & I like what I Hear about OJ Howard.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.