CB Kalvaraz Bessent Signs With Auburn (Update: Arrested/Update: leaves AU)

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Re: 2014 DB Kalvaraz Bessent Commits to Alabama

CB is definitely a need position for the 2014 class (along with OL, specifically OT). Bo and Bessent make a great start to our '14 recruiting class. RTR!! I'd still expect 1 more CB and 1-2 S in this class.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: ***2014 DB Kalvaraz Bessent Commits to Alabama***

Article from the AJC discussing the commitment.

The 5-foot-11, 175-pounder had good reasons for making a quick decision:

“Me and my dad talked last night, and we decided that I definitely needed to go ahead and commit to a school. It was because my head coach (at Camden) was leaving and we didn’t know what kind of coach is coming in, and if it would change anything. Also, spring practice is coming up, and, in case I get injured, I need to be committed to a school.”

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

I believe any CB, who is not afraid of competition, would jump at the chance to be coached by Nick Saban. Obviously Mr. Bessent has seen the number of CB's from Alabama going in the first round and figured he knew where he wanted to play college football.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

I believe any CB, who is not afraid of competition, would jump at the chance to be coached by Nick Saban. Obviously Mr. Bessent has seen the number of CB's from Alabama going in the first round and figured he knew where he wanted to play college football.
Setting aside just the first round, almost every starting DB on our team has been drafted since CNS arrived. Very, very few schools can make that claim. If you earn a starting spot for us as a DB, your NFL draft prospects rise dramatically.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

Welcome aboard and Roll Tide. Work hard and you have a very good chance of being a millionaire four years from now. Not many high school juniors have that opportunity.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

I read that UA's staff told Bessent that he was the number one CB on their board. Makes me wonder where they have Humphrey.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL

You never know when someone commits this early if they will stick it out
I think this kid wanted this offer and will stick big time.

Another top Ga recruit. Top CB in the state. Thats a great fit for Sabans defense.

----------------------------------------------------------------

will likely get bumped up even higher because he committed to Alabama.
Michael Carvell is a jealous hound

Last edited:

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL

I read that UA's staff told Bessent that he was the number one CB on their board. Makes me wonder where they have Humphrey.
He said I’m the top player that they’re recruiting at my position.
Top player at "his position" There are 4-6 DB positions to work with in our defense. Sounds like Saban has him at the top for one of them.

Last edited:

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999

I noticed that too. However, most articles say "best" but at least one article I read about the commitment said something slightly different. It said, "one of the best at my position." Which quote is correct I have no idea but it doesn't really matter. This seems like a solid kid and I'm really glad we got his early commitment.

Does anybody have any clue how many CB's the '14 class is likely to have?

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Does anybody have any clue how many CB's the '14 class is likely to have?
Unless we have some successful switches to CB from within the current roster, I would say at least two pure corners and another combo corner-safety type.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Setting aside just the first round, almost every starting DB on our team has been drafted since CNS arrived. Very, very few schools can make that claim. If you earn a starting spot for us as a DB, your NFL draft prospects rise dramatically.
IIRC, the only starting secondary player who has not been drafted since Saban arrived is Justin Woodall :eek:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.