CB Kalvaraz Bessent Signs With Auburn (Update: Arrested/Update: leaves AU)

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Re: ***2014 DB Kalvaraz Bessent Commits to Alabama***

Between 5* S commit Lawrence Jones, near Bama lock 5* Marlon Humphrey, a pretty decent shot at 5* Jalen Tabor now as well... I don't forsee this as being too big an issue.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

A lot of predictions for Jalen Tabor are leaning toward Bama now. We just had to make room for the big guys. I do wonder if Chris Williams will follow Bessent. Wouldn't be surprised.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

You never want to see kids flipping from your program but there were kids who liked Auburn but didn't want to go there because they sucked. They are going to get some positive response from winning the SEC and going to the big dance. It doesn't mean we are doomed. It will probably hurt places like Ole Miss more than us. Not that they compete only with Ole Miss it's just that Ole Miss may have benifitted more from Auburn being face down in the mud.

If anything has been illustrated by Auburn it's that HOW you prepare and play is more of a determining factor than who you are playing with. Auburn didn't field half the talent we have but they won the game.

I don't think you can say they have no talent. They have consistently been in the top 10 in recruting even in down years. They have had talent. Their attitude is better and most of them were young and have grown up now. Lots of juniors on the team. Next year will be even tougher I'm afraid.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: 2014 DB Kalvaraz Bessent switches commitment to Aurburn

Here's a scouting report from some recruiting folks on Kalvaraz. The potential appears to be there, but he needs to be developed. We'll see how that works out for him in Lee County. Link

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

Here's a scouting report from some recruiting folks on Kalvaraz. The potential appears to be there, but he needs to be developed. We'll see how that works out for him in Lee County. Link
No doubt he has talent, we recruited him. His switching doesnt take away from the fact that he is talented.

Hopefully he made the right choice for himself, and for developing it...to each his own.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

What I gather from that article is he needs A LOT of work. Almost like a "project" type player.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

Let's see if the media drags him through the mud like they did Tony Brown. I very much doubt it.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

It's unfortunate. Lord knows that could have been me. I was in a car with people before who had stuff on them and I didn't know. And I personally have never in my life smoked even much as a cigarette. So I'm not willing to make this man Tony Montana. Especially since it's a situation where everyone in the car is charged with the same thing since no one will take ownership.

Will say this though, if they were truly his friends the other 3 would have fallen over themselves to take the charge so he could flourish

It's unfortunate. Lord knows that could have been me. I was in a car with people before who had stuff on them and I didn't know. And I personally have never in my life smoked even much as a cigarette. So I'm not willing to make this man Tony Montana. Especially since it's a situation where everyone in the car is charged with the same thing since no one will take ownership.

Will say this though, if they were truly his friends the other 3 would have fallen over themselves to take the charge so he could flourish
You're right about that, but no one is talking.

Sent from my iPhone

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama

I disagree. A kid shouldn't accept blame for a crime they're not responsible for in any normal circumstance.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

I disagree. A kid shouldn't accept blame for a crime they're not responsible for in any normal circumstance.
Not saying it's right. But it happens. And in this instance, I'm saying that if these guys knew that it wasn't KB's someone should have manned up and accepted responsibility for it knowing what the kid has at stake. No different at all from the situation with Chris Rogers & Dre Kirkpatrick right before the draft. Chris pretty much works for himself and can deal with a slight PR hit. Had that gone the other way for Dre it could/would have been damning

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama

Not saying it's right. But it happens. And in this instance, I'm saying that if these guys knew that it wasn't KB's someone should have manned up and accepted responsibility for it knowing what the kid has at stake. No different at all from the situation with Chris Rogers & Dre Kirkpatrick right before the draft. Chris pretty much works for himself and can deal with a slight PR hit. Had that gone the other way for Dre it could/would have been damning
If they're guilty, they ought to accept responsibility,
no question.

Maybe be they all really like weed. Maybe they expect the price of weed to jump up. I think arbitrary numbers makes the amount a felony are silly.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.