CB Kalvaraz Bessent Signs With Auburn (Update: Arrested/Update: leaves AU)

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Re: 2014 DB Kalvaraz Bessent switches commitment to Aurburn

If they're guilty, they ought to accept responsibility,
no question.

Maybe be they all really like weed. Maybe they expect the price of weed to jump up. I think arbitrary numbers makes the amount a felony are silly.
Legalize it and these sort of stupid, petty crimes will become almost non-existent.

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010

Legalize it and these sort of stupid, petty crimes will become almost non-existent.
Avoid this type off stupid, petty behavior and it would not be an issue.....As it stands now legally, it is a crime.

BamaFanatJSU

1st Team
Apr 24, 2008
Rainbow City, AL

If it's not weed it will be something else.
Agreed. Basic psychology teaches us that the human mind is drawn to things considered taboo, whether it be man's law or God's law that makes them so. Legalize pot, and spice will explode even bigger than it already is. Legalize spice, and it will simply be on to the next big thing that society deems inappropriate. Slippery slope if you ask me.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

Agreed. Basic psychology teaches us that the human mind is drawn to things considered taboo, whether it be man's law or God's law that makes them so. Legalize pot, and spice will explode even bigger than it already is. Legalize spice, and it will simply be on to the next big thing that society deems inappropriate. Slippery slope if you ask me.
Exactly. Like auburn football

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

He should have insisted on AU paying him in cash............:cool:

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

I agree that we may have dodged a bullet. Wonder if Bama had questions about his character before he flipped. Saban made a note of saying we have a class of high character on NSD. Wonder what point he was trying to make. Was it dealt toward accepting DJ Pettway? Reason for letting Bessent, Chris Williams, and Stephen roberts go? Just curious why he made that unsolicited comment.

Bamabirdie

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2013
Sunny South Florida

It sure looks like we dodged one. As much as I'd like to think the staff spotted a problem and avoided it, I think it's probably the luck of the draw.
These are teenagers, many of whom think they're indestructible...and untouchable.
Ask not for whom the bell tolls...just be thankful it wasn't us this time.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Re: CB Kalvaraz Bessent Signs With Auburn (Update: Arrested)

Very sad. Hope he gets his act together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama

It sure looks like we dodged one. As much as I'd like to think the staff spotted a problem and avoided it, I think it's probably the luck of the draw.
These are teenagers, many of whom think they're indestructible...and untouchable.
Ask not for whom the bell tolls...just be thankful it wasn't us this time.
Doggone, that sure sounds like me and most of my friends back about sixty years ago...things sure don't change much do they?

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

We have a name for people with that much, it's called a "dealer". But I'm sure he didn't know cough cough.
He was a passenger, so all jokes aside that will certainly be the defense (and it may very well be true, in fairness to him).

The 8 ounces is tricky. Again, like I said before, it's definitely enough to assure that you are arrested and charged with a felony. Actual proving an intention to distribute, however, is still a tricky matter. It's just not an amount that is necessarily associated with dealing -- like, say, a couple of pounds -- and believe it or not, with three or four guys to split it, some people could smoke through 8 ounces in no time. You could always argue it was for personal consumption, which in this case it may very well have been. OTOH, eight ounces isn't exactly someone caught rolling with a joint in the backseat...

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Au has the best lawyers in America..........:cool:

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

If they didn't, and this were 50 years ago, and the recruit came from the Left Coast instead of the right, the headline would read Kalvaraz Signs With Alcatraz...

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Doggone, that sure sounds like me and most of my friends back about sixty years ago...things sure don't change much do they?
Not when it comes to being young and stupid, they don`t. Most all of us have been there in one way or another.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.