CB Kalvaraz Bessent Signs With Auburn (Update: Arrested/Update: leaves AU)

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: 2014 DB Kalvaraz Bessent switches commitment to Aurburn

Whoa. Gamechanger.

202 grams (i.e. basically a half of a pound), a weigh scale, and a gun... all under Bessent's seat? The "it wasn't my car and I didn't know anything about it" argument will still be the crux of the defense, but good grief did that ever get immeasurably more difficult to prove given this development. I would assume he'll be begging the Court system for youthful offender status, or else he has a very tough trial awaiting him.

Not sure we ever see him on the field at Auburn at this point. These are very serious charges, and while we all love to crack on the Fambly, in fairness Gus has been a pretty tough disciplinarian since taking over for Chizik (not that he really had a choice at this juncture, I suppose). I imagine it's possible that he just decides to cut bait entirely here.

Regardless, I'm just glad he didn't end up in Tuscaloosa. He's a talented kid, but we've had enough off-field issues as it is, and I'd rather not add someone with felony drug distribution charges to that.

Last edited:

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Re: 2014 DB Kalvaraz Bessent switches commitment to Aurburn

I hate to see this kid(s) get a huge negative mark on their life before it even gets started, but I have to admit I chuckled a little at the thought that an AU player was (likely) selling drugs out of a Dodge Charger. Operation Green Dog, perhaps? :)

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Re: CB Kalvaraz Bessent Signs With Auburn (Update: Arrested)

It doesn't sound like he will even make it to AU..........

tidefaninvr

3rd Team
Sep 15, 2007

This quote from the article makes me wonder if the delays will allow this to get out of sight, out of mind and maybe there are negotiations going on in the background:

"Tests are expected to be completed in "more than likely several weeks," Nassau County sheriff Bill Leeper said. Charges related to the gun have not yet been filed."

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005

This quote from the article makes me wonder if the delays will allow this to get out of sight, out of mind and maybe there are negotiations going on in the background:

"Tests are expected to be completed in "more than likely several weeks," Nassau County sheriff Bill Leeper said. Charges related to the gun have not yet been filed."
The fact that he is not even in school yet is the best thing for him.

Once you are in school and charged with felony, you are kicked out of most schools. If he can get this pled down to a misdemeanor before he has to enroll, he may still be able to make it on the team.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

I doubt AU went after this Juco because Bessent was arrested. Otherwise, the juco would have signed somewhere else on NSD. Sounds like AU had been recruiting him for a while. this guy looks pretty good on film. He could be a player for that defense next year.

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham

I doubt AU went after this Juco because Bessent was arrested. Otherwise, the juco would have signed somewhere else on NSD. Sounds like AU had been recruiting him for a while. this guy looks pretty good on film. He could be a player for that defense next year.
He was basically committed somewhere else - Washington State. He wasn't going to be an EE (as they expected) so they basically cut him. Seems like both parties were fortunate they found each other.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

The JUCO pickup seems to b a bessent replacement the timing is to odd, signing a low level JUCO who was unable to sign with his intended school when another signee at that position gets arrested. Auburns need at corner is at desperate levels so it's a smart call to hedge their bets.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Looks like he won't b charged, got lucky. Florida loves football players.
Yes, very interesting. There two possibilities. One is that the gun and the monster bag belonged to the driver all along and he wasn't admitting anything until he was represented. Another is that someone made it worth his while to cop a plea. He may be a minor and can ask for pretrial diversion, and he doesn't have a Div I scholly waiting, although it's hard for me to believe he could get diversion with that amount of weed...

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Never underestimate the NTYF.........:cool2:

tidefaninvr

3rd Team
Sep 15, 2007

Looks like he won't b charged, got lucky. Florida loves football players.
His lawyer says he wont be charged, but the state says the case is still active...wouldnt be the first time a lawyer jumped the gun..

I hope it wasnt his stuff, but even without being charged, it doesnt mean he will make it to the barn...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

A year later, and Kalvaraz announces he's moving closer to home. Wonder if Auburn is still excited they flipped him from us? Link

After one year in which he left much more of a mark off the field than on it, one of the top recruits in Auburn’s Class of 2014 has decided to seek out greener pastures. Or, at least, different ones.

Tuesday, AU announced that Kalvaraz Bessent has decided to take his leave of the Tigers football program and move on to another school. The school stated that Bessent would be pursuing opportunities closer to his home in St. Mary’s, Georgia.

The defensive back took to Twitter to express no hard feelings over the development.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.