CB Kalvaraz Bessent Signs With Auburn (Update: Arrested/Update: leaves AU)

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Re: ***2014 DB Kalvaraz Bessent Commits to Alabama***

Hey Jam...is it panic time yet? What's going on from your perspective?
No with recruiting every year there are guys that the staff believes will not work or they encourage to look else where. He never made it to a game this year and Saban didn't visit him , Smart did this last week. That should tell you a lot right there. I believe we get Tarbor and humphery. We have a fighting chance with brown ,but you just don't know. We will have the number 1 class.

RammerJammer91

1st Team
Nov 27, 2012

No with recruiting every year there are guys that the staff believes will not work or they encourage to look else where. He never made it to a game this year and Saban didn't visit him , Smart did this last week. That should tell you a lot right there. I believe we get Tarbor and humphery. We have a fighting chance with brown ,but you just don't know. We will have the number 1 class.
Nice to see you back, Jam! A few questions:

1.) What, if anything are you hearing about Joe Mixon? He said on Twitter that Bama is his dream school and I've seen some people say we have great shot at landing him if Saban offers him.

2.) How do you this class ends up? If we lose some folks to grades or because they flip, looks like we might have a shot to finish with Humphrey, Mixon (IF Saban offers him), Tabor, Hampton, Wallace, Elam and Pettway.

Bama in Quebec

1st Team
Aug 10, 2013
Quebec city

Nice to see you back, Jam! A few questions:

1.) What, if anything are you hearing about Joe Mixon? He said on Twitter that Bama is his dream school and I've seen some people say we have great shot at landing him if Saban offers him.

2.) How do you this class ends up? If we lose some folks to grades or because they flip, looks like we might have a shot to finish with Humphrey, Mixon (IF Saban offers him), Tabor, Hampton, Wallace, Elam and Pettway.
What about Carter ? Is he a take at this point ? Do we still have a chance with him ?

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006

It's funny, saw on facebook where the boogs are crowing about "flipping another one from Bama". It's not that they got a commitment from a great player, it's flipping one from Big Brother.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

You never want to see kids flipping from your program but there were kids who liked Auburn but didn't want to go there because they sucked. They are going to get some positive response from winning the SEC and going to the big dance. It doesn't mean we are doomed. It will probably hurt places like Ole Miss more than us. Not that they compete only with Ole Miss it's just that Ole Miss may have benifitted more from Auburn being face down in the mud.

If anything has been illustrated by Auburn it's that HOW you prepare and play is more of a determining factor than who you are playing with. Auburn didn't field half the talent we have but they won the game.

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC

I just read that Mixon doesnt even have us in his top 4. Probably because we havent offered. But still dont see Bama listed anywhere. From what i have read, he is looking hard at CAL and now maybe USC, Wisconsin, Ucla.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Bessent has already begun to spilled the trash talk on Bama after his commitment to auburn.
He tweeted Chris Williams to flip to auburn and that Alabama aren't who they appear to be.

this coming from a kid who has only step on campus one time!!!

so if anybody wants to wish him luck at auburn, you might want to reconsider your good wishes.

SeattleBama

All-SEC
Aug 6, 2008

Bessent has already begun to spilled the trash talk on Bama after his commitment to auburn.
He tweeted Chris Williams to flip to auburn and that Alabama aren't who they appear to be.

so if anybody wants to wish him luck at auburn, you might want to reconsider your good wishes.
We only have 3 NC's, so I guess we aren't who we appear to be. But Aurburn is.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Just because a 17 year old kid is being immature doesn't mean we should be immature.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Just because a 17 year old kid is being immature doesn't mean we should be immature.
Immature? really... so this kid who just flipped over to our biggest , most hated rival talks trash about a fine Univeristy who was generous enough to offer him an opportunity to play football and received a free education should get a pass??

no thanks. I wish no ill on anyone, but I will not wish luck on ignorant people bent on spilling lies and such.

Last edited:

Bama Fish 86-9

Scout Team
Aug 22, 2010

I bet he refers to it as recruiting. He obviously likes the negative recruiting style or he would have stayed away from AU. Showed very little interest lately in Bama, so I say, "Good luck young man, you made that bed......"

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

St. Joe, given how Bama's brave tweeters turned on Cade Foster, do you think Bessent may have been reacting in part to a similar stoning by Alabama fans?

Immature? really... so this kid who just flipped over to our biggest , most hated rival talks trash about a fine Univeristy who was generous enough to offer him an opportunity to play football and received a free education should get a pass??

no thanks. I wish no ill on anyone, but I will not wish luck on ignorant people bent on spilling lies and such.

Last edited:

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011

Probably, more to do with the fact he doesn't want to compete against Marlon Humphrey.

Sensation77

Scout Team
Sep 18, 2006
Gallatin, Tennessee, United States

I grew up with a guy who is a coach at Camden County(not football), and he was kinda surprised Bama offered to begin with. Told me one of the football coaches said he doubted they would ever step foot on campus at Bama. He said they were good kids, but didn't think they would fit, for various reasons. He thinks the RB they have at UGA, and LB at UF were better players as seniors, and Bessent and Williams would tend to disappear at times during games. Oh well, on to the next recruits. Bama will be fine. RTR!!!

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

St. Joe, given how Bama's brave tweeters turned on Cade Foster, do you think Bessent may have been reacting in part to a similar stoning by Alabama fans?
Eye,

I have no idea. I could care less about kids flipping, its recruiting so its expected.
Alabama under Saban has been for the most part lights out when it comes to getting quality and talented kids to wear the Crimson jersey esp. replacing former commits with an upgrade.
What I do have an issue with is the unnecessary cheap, trash talk over the social media.
save it for gameday and let your playing do the talking.
I have no doubt Craig was behind this negative quip, anything to gain momentum over Alabama. his M.O. has been the same since his days at FSU.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

I've never had an issue losing a commitment. If they aren't 100% crimson, I don't want them. That simple.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.