Bama number one seed in NIT facing northeastern

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
At least someone respects us. Tennessee didn't even get a one seed. Maybe our performance two years ago earned some respect from the NIT selection committee.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
LOL. The viles here in Knoxville already can't believe they didn't get in the dance. Now they find out CM Newton was chair of the selection committee that put us a one seed and Tenn only a two seed.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
We should've beat them 3 times this year. The should be glad they made it!

LOL. The viles here in Knoxville already can't believe they didn't get in the dance. Now they find out CM Newton was chair of the selection committee that put us a one seed and Tenn only a two seed.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Already disappointed I can't make it to T-town Tuesday night due to a prior commitment. With us being a 1 seed we will be the home team as long as we continue to win. I’ll be able to make it to other games. Stanford as a potential 2nd round opponent is intriguing. I'd really like to go to NYC.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
So this is what Alabama basketball has come to, A perennial Not Invited tournament team. You can't say we didn't have a our chances. We blew what 5 different chances to get in the Big dance. An Auburn game where we just played about as poorly as I have ever seen a bama team play, LSU- we don't find a way to hold a lead when we are ahead in the 2nd half. Florida 2 times- We had leads in the 2nd half of both games and found a way to choke. Ole Miss-about as poor an effort as you'll see until 3 minutes left in the game.

My only consolation is "hey were not as bad as the boogs".

So this is what Alabama basketball has come to, A perennial Not Invited tournament team. You can't say we didn't have a our chances. We blew what 5 different chances to get in the Big dance. An Auburn game where we just played about as poorly as I have ever seen a bama team play, LSU- we don't find a way to hold a lead when we are ahead in the 2nd half. Florida 2 times- We had leads in the 2nd half of both games and found a way to choke. Ole Miss-about as poor an effort as you'll see until 3 minutes left in the game.

No we haven't become that. We were in the dance last season.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

Can we move on now? There is no reason to cry over games we should have won two months ago. The here and now is we are an NIT team, we are getting extra reps in practice and games, and we get extra revenue thanks to hosting possibly 3 home games. If you want to keep lamenting over effort in the first Auburn game, then please do it in another thread. I for one am going to support my team even in the "Not Invited Tournament".

RTR

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Can we move on now? There is no reason to cry over games we should have won two months ago. The here and now is we are an NIT team, we are getting extra reps in practice and games, and we get extra revenue thanks to hosting possibly 3 home games. If you want to keep lamenting over effort in the first Auburn game, then please do it in another thread. I for one am going to support my team even in the "Not Invited Tournament".

RTR
^This..... Very good post!

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
Ooh, I'm liking the third round against Maryland in T-town possibility, especially after they took down Duke. Watch out for La Tech as a sleeper, and of course (gulp) Mercer. :cool2:

Anybody care to take a stab at the Little Final Four?

I've got
- Arizona State (don't be surprised if UK feels insulted by having to show up for the Providence/Charlotta winner)
- Louisiana Tech as somewhat of a Snow White pick.
- Bama
- Virginia

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

Where we are at is no better than a perennial One and done. If you're not good enough to be considered a tourney winning possibility, the rest is moot. The NCAA tourney is such a "feel good" load . I guess that's why I'd rather watch the NBA.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I think Stanford is going to be a tough out for anyone. I think FSU could make a run and I'm not sure if UK makes it past Round 2. Cool Cal is hurting without Noel in the line-up.

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
I see what you're saying about Stanford, and the home-court advantage makes for most of the confidence. Maryland has the shooters to negate much of the advantage. That should be a fun one.

THE one thing that is better about the NIT than the big dance is it's much more FUN to try to pack out your house than watch 200 of Bama's wealthiest fly out to the home of the Portland Trailblazers...

I think Stanford is going to be a tough out for anyone. I think FSU could make a run and I'm not sure if UK makes it past Round 2. Cool Cal is hurting without Noel in the line-up.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Kentucky has to play their first game on the road due to the NCAAs at Rupp Arena.

While going to the NIT isn't what we hoped for at the start of the season, let's make the most of it. This isn't football, where contending for the national championship is our birthright and we are stuck in the Independence Bowl. Let's cheer the team on to New York and hopefully finally win the thing.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Kentucky has to play their first game on the road due to the NCAAs at Rupp Arena.

While going to the NIT isn't what we hoped for at the start of the season, let's make the most of it. This isn't football, where contending for the national championship is our birthright and we are stuck in the Independence Bowl. Let's cheer the team on to New York and hopefully finally win the thing.
There ya go. The challenge now is to try and win the N.I.T. and I'm going to root as hard as I can for our team.
That's really the only positive thing I can do.
All this "if we had not lost to so and so and so an so" is totally pointless.
If we had not beaten Kentucky, Tennessee twice, Vandy in Nashville, Villanova, Arkansas, LSU, Texas A@M. Mississippi State twice, Auburn and South Carolina we would have only won nine games and wouldn't be going anywhere.
The season was as it was. We're still playing and the only game that matters is the next one.
RTR!
sip

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Talk on the radio of an over/under of 8,000 for crowd attendance tomorrow night. Hopefully, it's over 8,000. I would be there but have class in Montgomery.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.