Game Thread: Northeastern vs. Alabama ESPN 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaBuff24

1st Team
May 2, 2000
FWB, FL USA
He didn't look set to me either. If I recall, there was a worse charging foul that got called on us in the FL game, when it was totally clear that the guy's feet were moving. The announcers didn't say a word about it.
They have been calling this type of charge for the last couple of years. Maybe Earle can get a college referee on this blog to explain the new way of calling a charge.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Exactly. That was a poor decision by TR.
I disagree, that was a very good play by TR and he got a horrible call. We were making plays like that left and right at the beginning of the game when we broke out to a big lead.

T-boy

BamaNation Citizen
May 1, 2010
Don't know much about basketball but our team is an extremely poor rebounding team. 85% of the time if its a jump ball in a crowd the other team comes down with the ball. The other team just packs it a little in the middle in gets in TR face and no one else can score. I wouldn't plan on the season lasting much longer this year. Will support them but it is very frustrating how we can be small with poor hands and average shooting at the same time.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
This team can easily win the NIT. But only if they play with intensity. They turn jt on for 5 mins here and there, but they dont know how to play with the lead.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Sadly, this team as usual can't stand prosperity. Cruising along with a 17 point lead, we suddenly stop penetrating and can't buy a basket. I wonder what the cure for these lapses is?
The cure has to come from inside the players hearts. This has been a problem the entire time CAG has been roaming the sideline. Eventually, someone on the team needs to step up and demand accountability if CAG is not going to....

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
The cure has to come from inside the players hearts. This has been a problem the entire time CAG has been roaming the sideline. Eventually, someone on the team needs to step up and demand accountability if CAG is not going to....

This^

It's not going to happen though. I like CAG but he does not put fear into his players. Too calm for my liking.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
I hate that call in college. If you go straight up and can rebound over a shorter player it is NOT a foul.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Guys, can we please let this stay a game thread and not a coach/player bashing thread. There is a difference. Just think a bit...

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
Not bashing cooper by any means, but I was expecting a lot more from him this year after the lsu performance last year. His shot just doesn't look crisp as it did and most of them don't fall. Hopefully he'll work on his shot a little more in the offseason

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
This team is a stud post player away from being a legit final 4 team. A premier post player would allow your offense an option when they go cold, not to mention the shots it would open up on the outside.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Not bashing cooper by any means, but I was expecting a lot more from him this year after the lsu performance last year. His shot just doesn't look crisp as it did and most of them don't fall. Hopefully he'll work on his shot a little more in the offseason
He actually shoots the three and shorter jumpers fairly well. My observation is that he tries short range hooks and floaters that he may make in practice, but he just doesn't seem to make them in games. I'd rather he looked for the dish in those situations...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.