Kentucky just lost to Robert Morris

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Having to play on the road in a tournament they feel is beneath them. Not surprising.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
When your team perennially consists of a group of mostly one and done's you're going to have some years that are a bust. This appears to be one of those. I'm sure they'll load up with a bunch more talent next year and roll the dice again.

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
I am so glad that Coach Grant did not look past Northeastern. we could have been in the same boat as Kentucky, if coach Grant had not got the guys ready to play. Remember what coach Saban always pounds into his players. Never look past a team.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Does this mean Louisville, their hated in-state rival, is going to be NC? This is looking somewhat like Bama and theirs in football in 2009 and 2010.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Kentucky is great example of the axiom: It's not the X's and O's, it's the Jimmy's and Joe's!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Can't find the video of Cal's post game remarks. Wish I could, though. He was pretty candid about the issues with this team.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
As a Coach, I gained a bit of respect for Cal in his post-game interview:

WDRB

"What I can tell our fans, I felt there were a couple (players) that wanted to end this and I didn't fight them much," Calipari told Tom Leach on his postgame program from IMG Sports. "I'm proud of how we fought hard to get back in the game, but we shouldn't be in this position."
"This is a humbling experience for me in a lot of ways and believe me I tried everything from dodge ball to everything to try to connect and I didn't," Calipari said.
"The biggest lesson you have is you've got to have competition, we've got to have more players, you can't do it and then you get hijacked by a player or two. You get hijacked, because you think you have to play them and you don't have a choice, and then you accept what they want to give you, surrender, and now the program is -- you can't do it.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
On radio today Cowherd said Caliperi told him a lot of this had to do with allowing open access to their program this season. He also equated the same thing happening at USC's football program when they went downhill.

Interesting take on the situation.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
He hand picked Robert Morris for them to play. Probably for "sentimental" reasons. It doesn't matter you put on the Uniform, you play to win. The problem is he has players that aren't there to play for UK, they are there for themselves.
You could tell their players didn't want to be there.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.