News Article: Mal Moore stepping down as Athletics Director (Official statement from UA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
Coach Moore has been great for Bama no matter what you think of the job he has done. I do not know who will be the next AD...maybe Ozzie Newsome?

tmv85

All-SEC
I hate to hear this because Coach Moore is such a big part of Alabama football, but I understand why he has made this decision because the job requires so much time and attention. At his age and with the health issues he has experienced of late, he deserves to be able to enjoy a less hectic life. I'm glad he will continue to provide guidance to our beloved university as an assistant to Pres. Bonner. Roll Tide, Coach, and thank you for the thousands of hours you have dedicated to the University of Alabama.

happytidefan

All-SEC
Jul 24, 2008
Columbus, Mississippi
I have dreaded this day. He has selflessly served the University of Alabama for a long time, probably at a sacrifice. It's now time for him to focus his attention on his own missions and that of his health and family. So long Coach, God Bless. Prayers for you and your family.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I hate to hear this because Coach Moore is such a big part of Alabama football, but I understand why he has made this decision because the job requires so much time and attention. At his age and with the health issues he has experienced of late, he deserves to be able to enjoy a less hectic life. I'm glad he will continue to provide guidance to our beloved university as an assistant to Pres. Bonner. Roll Tide, Coach, and thank you for the thousands of hours you have dedicated to the University of Alabama.
Couldn`t be better stated. Well deserved retirement with thanks and admiration from the Bama nation. Thanks Coach Moore. You`re going out on top!

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
After a Ricky start at the Capstone, Mal Moore has helped to build one of the best athletic programs at any university. I am very thankful he's a man that wouldn't take no for an answer, and helped eschew in a change in the way athletics was handled at Alabama. He will certainly be missed, but after all his years of service he deserves a wonderful retirement.

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed when they see the new A.D. isn't going to be Ozzie Newsome.
You never know when "Mama calls"...I will not be disappointed if Ozzie does not come. Coach Saban was not my first choice either but no one from UA called me and asked my opinion and I doubt anyone from UA is going to call Tide Fans and ask their opinion.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Thank you Coach Moore for your time and effort. Time to take a break and relax a little.

As I said before Hart should've hung around just a little bit longer....

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

You never know when "Mama calls"...I will not be disappointed if Ozzie does not come. Coach Saban was not my first choice either but no one from UA called me and asked my opinion and I doubt anyone from UA is going to call Tide Fans and ask their opinion.
People tend to forget Ozzie is incredibly loyal to the Baltimore Ravens. He's been part of the Cleveland/Baltimore organization since 1978 as a player, assistant, and executive.

Alabama wants a new A.D. as soon as possible, and Newsome would not leave the franchise a month before the NFL Draft.

Last edited:

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
People tend to forget Ozzie is incredibly loyal to the Baltimore Ravens. Alabama wants a new A.D. as soon as possible, and Newsome would not leave the franchise a month before the NFL Draft.
I'm sure we could wait a month for him. This is about as big of a dead spot for Bama athletics as you will get all year. Will he leave? I doubt it.

I vote Terry Saban, AD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.