547 Dead from Mass Shootings since 1983 -- 532 Murdered in Chicago in 2012

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/...shootings-since-1983-182605303--politics.html

Public mass shootings like the slaughter of schoolchildren and staff at Sandy Hook Elementary have left 547 people dead and 476 more injured in the U.S. since 1983, according to a new report from the Congressional Research Service.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/report-532-murdered-chicago-2012_693417.html

In 2012, 532 people were murdered in the city of Chicago, according to statistics compiled by the Crime in Chicago website. The number of people murdered the year before was 441, meaning in the city of Chicago, murders have increased by 91 from 2011 to 2012.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
It's not going to sway those who want gun control. Doesn't Chicago, like NY and DC, have stricter gun laws than cities in the South? If so, the real thing to take away is that criminals don't care about laws (shocker...I know), so more laws only affect law-abiding citizens.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
It's not going to sway those who want gun control. Doesn't Chicago, like NY and DC, have stricter gun laws than cities in the South? If so, the real thing to take away is that criminals don't care about laws (shocker...I know), so more laws only affect law-abiding citizens.
Yes, they do, but gun control is not about stopping gun crime. Not even close.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Sounds like one of the worst arguments against gun control that I could imagine.:conf3:
It shows you that priorities are out of whack. Why use "Mass Shootings" for an argument -- when only 20/year have died from Mass Shootings - but ONE city that has been run by Libs for decades has over 1000 deaths in two years......

Why not use Chicago as an argument?

1 -Because you can't -- they have strict gun laws already (the strongest in the US, right?)....
2 -Because it's "Black on Black" Crime (mostly) -- and you can't focus on that -- because Libs neglect the fact that their leadership causes such circumstances
3 -Dem leadership in Chicago for Decades -- so you can't blame Republicans
4 -If you banned Guns nationwide -- the death toll in Chicago wouldn't change one bit

I didn't expect you to like the argument......

Last edited:

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
It shows you that priorities are out of whack. Why use "Mass Shootings" for an argument -- when only 20/year have died from Mass Shootings - but ONE city that has been run by Libs for decades has over 1000 deaths in two years......

Why not use Chicago as an argument?

1 -Because you can't -- they have strict gun laws already (the strongest in the US, right?)....
2 -Because it's "Black on Black" Crime (mostly) -- and you can't focus on that -- because Libs neglect the fact that their leadership causes such circumstances
3 -Dem leadership in Chicago for Decades -- so you can't blame Republicans
4 -If you banned Guns nationwide -- the death toll in Chicago wouldn't change one bit

I didn't expect you to like the argument......
Mass shootings are only a part of the problem. Daily gun violence on the streets of our cities is a bigger part. You shouldn't just point to Chicago where gun/gang crime fighting has been a failure. You should also look at NY where they have been successful. Also, its certainly not a result of local gun laws when illegal guns are readily available from other sources. Again I will go back to this. Why doesn't this still apply?:conf3:

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
the only way to reduce gun violence is to incarcerate gang members for 30 yrs at a time. dems refuse to do that bc of demographics.
think about it like this:

dems say they want sensible imigration policy, yet they continually coddle illegal immigrants.
dems say they want common sense gun control, yet they continually go soft on prosecuting drug gangs.
dems say they want healtchare, yet they continually enrich drug and insurance companies too the detriment of the common citizen.

are we noticing a pattern yet or shall i continue?

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
the only way to reduce gun violence is to incarcerate gang members for 30 yrs at a time. dems refuse to do that bc of demographics.
think about it like this:

dems say they want sensible imigration policy, yet they continually coddle illegal immigrants.
dems say they want common sense gun control, yet they continually go soft on prosecuting drug gangs.
dems say they want healtchare, yet they continually enrich drug and insurance companies too the detriment of the common citizen.

are we noticing a pattern yet or shall i continue?
Thats simply not true. Please show some proof. I'm not a dem but I have no problem with very harsh sentences for gun crime.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Mass shootings are only a part of the problem. Daily gun violence on the streets of our cities is a bigger part. You shouldn't just point to Chicago where gun/gang crime fighting has been a failure. You should also look at NY where they have been successful. Also, its certainly not a result of local gun laws when illegal guns are readily available from other sources. Again I will go back to this. Why doesn't this still apply?:conf3:
So are you saying gun laws won't reduce illegal guns that are readily available from other sources?

So gun laws only restrict guns from law abiding citizens?

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
Thats simply not true. Please show some proof. I'm not a dem but I have no problem with very harsh sentences for gun crime.
you want proof?? and you live in MD??? wake the hell up!!!!! look up every violent offender from every day in the baltimore sun. most of them have a rap sheet showing multiple arrests, multiple violent crimes, multiple gun offences yet they are still allowed back on the streets to terrorize more people and victimize more citizens. lol "simply not true." what area of fictional utopia do you live in?

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
you want proof?? and you live in MD??? wake the hell up!!!!! look up every violent offender from every day in the baltimore sun. most of them have a rap sheet showing multiple arrests, multiple violent crimes, multiple gun offences yet they are still allowed back on the streets to terrorize more people and victimize more citizens. lol "simply not true." what area of fictional utopia do you live in?
No, you said "dems refuse to do that bc of demographics". You haven't shown where dems act any different with criminals because of demographics.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
So are you saying gun laws won't reduce illegal guns that are readily available from other sources?

So gun laws only restrict guns from law abiding citizens?
Obviously gun registration laws wont have any effect on illegal guns already out there BUT they will keep even more from getting out there.
Gun registration/permit laws will NOT "restrict guns from law abiding citizens".

mikeincarolina

Scout Team
Sep 11, 2010
Obviously gun registration laws wont have any effect on illegal guns already out there BUT they will keep even more from getting out there.
Gun registration/permit laws will NOT "restrict guns from law abiding citizens".
Yall arnt happy with just that.It's gun bans that are the game.Clip and mag restriction! It's how kind get the ol foot I'm the door!

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
No, you said "dems refuse to do that bc of demographics". You haven't shown where dems act any different with criminals because of demographics.
did you look at all the evidence at the DoJ about them using racial preferences for which cases to prosecute?
did you remember pat jessamy (former prosecutor in bmore) talking about a white guy getting his skull caved in that he "looked like a sleeping baby" and she allowed his murderers to plea bargain their sentences down?
how about pat's other famous quote, It causes “a pain in my heart,” she says, to see black men in shackles and chains lined up each morning outside Baltimore’s Clarence M. Mitchell Jr. Courthouse.

i could post tons more but im sure it wont convince you. after all, we wouldnt want to shatter that world view with reality now would we.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.