****Bama vs. Stanford Postgame Thread****

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
By all normal standards, they should have dominated the inside with Powell, Brown and the kid with the funny name. Instead, out rebounded them and beat them in the paint...

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I know it's early but I'm starting to get excited about next year. With the way this team has grown here at the end of the year and what we have coming back, if Taylor is half of what he's supposed to be then I think we could have a Top 10 team next year.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but I just think that adding a little but of a quality inside-outside game to our offense could really open it up.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2

smohabbat

Scout Team
Oct 13, 2011
Better to still be playing this time of the year than being outted first round of the better tourney. Great for experience and playing against different offensive styles.rtr!

smohabbat

Scout Team
Oct 13, 2011
I know it's early but I'm starting to get excited about next year. With the way this team has grown here at the end of the year and what we have coming back, if Taylor is half of what he's supposed to be then I think we could have a Top 10 team next year.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but I just think that adding a little but of a quality inside-outside game to our offense could really open it up.

We dont have any capable low post big men besides nick jacobs to be top 10 and even he is iffy. If were top 25 for a few weeks id be happy. If we dont make it to the tourney next year then there will be a burning hot seat underneath CAG

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
We shot under 40%, yet still never were really threatened. Why? We drove to the basket and drew fouls (making over 80% of our FT's), we rebounded like mad men (FIVE guys with at least 6 boards), and we never let them get in any rhythm. I love it...

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
We dont have any capable low post big men besides nick jacobs to be top 10 and even he is iffy. If were top 25 for a few weeks id be happy. If we dont make it to the tourney next year then there will be a burning hot seat underneath CAG

Umm, yeah...

Hence the Taylor reference. :-/

:)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Good job, good effort. hah.

Seriously though, Retin, Randolph, and Jacobs played well. When we can get a good game from a forward and pivot, we usually win. Need to see this more against Maryland. As good of time as any to develop some things into 2013-2014.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006

Top 10 might be pushing it but I definetely see us being in the top 25. This team should be in the tourney this year and if Retin would of came on a little sooner, we might of been in better shape. I wonder if Steele was holding him back? But if Taylor comes in ready and picks everything up quick, we could be pretty dangerous.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Better to still be playing this time of the year than being outted first round of the better tourney. Great for experience and playing against different offensive styles.rtr!

I tend to agree with this. We were at best a two-and-done NCAA tourney team (likely seeded into a one-and-done situation). I'd rather play more games against decent competition because almost the whole team returns next year. Obasohan, Jacobs, and Pollard could use the additional minutes to grow into their roles for next season.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
This is kinda like bowl game practice (sorry for the football analogy) which has been huge for our development. It has been noted several times but the players that have benefited from it the most is Retin and Pollard. Also, I think we definitely got the better one of the Releford brothers. I've watched KU play several times and TRelly is a better player than his brother. Just my opinion. RTR. Here's hoping a return trip to MSG. We have played well there this year already.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Very good game and effort. Obasahan is a player, Pollard is coming on and the other guys are improving as well.
Telling statistic--We are 303rd among D-1 teams in terms of experience.
This is a very young team and I think Grant has done a fantastic job. Every team I read the words "Hot seat" I roll my eyes and ask, "Are you kidding me?"
Maryland will be difficult. Any team that can beat Duke twice is definitely a very capable team.
We'll have our hands full but hopefully we can pull it out head for New York.
RTR!
sip

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.