Another born-on-third-base story

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
So, my wife and I had lunch with a fascinating woman today. Rasmy is great friend and former colleague of my wife. She is originally from Cambodia, lost her parents and much of her family to the murderous tyranny of Pol Pot, and escaped the country with only the clothes on her back when she was still a child. She learned first hand of the communist proverb: "To keep you is no benefit, to destroy you is no loss."

Rasmy made her way to America, learned the language, got a two-year nursing degree, and proceeded to go to work. Now, the two-year degree doesn't afford her the greatest salary, but she was desperate to get money back to her surviving family in Cambodia and eventually bring them to America. And that's what she did.

She has worked two full-time nursing jobs for as long as she's been in the workforce. Through shear hard work, she has been earning a six-figure salary for years. Now this little dynamo, who is only a few inches taller than my six-year-old, doesn't think it's fair that her hard-earned money is forcibly taken from her by the government and given to other able-bodied people. Do you?

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
you.... are..... clearly..... a..... racist.

if all immigrants were like her, you wouldn't find anyone complaining about them. but try to convince dems of that.

Last edited:

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
The U.S. gave her the opportunity to be great, there is nothing wrong with her putting money back in the pot to help the next person, sadly that also includes the portion that goes to those that game the system.

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
The U.S. gave her the opportunity to be great, there is nothing wrong with her putting money back in the pot to help the next person, sadly that also includes the portion that goes to those that game the system.
If you don't earn it, you don't deserve it. If someone makes a larger amount of money, they're already paying more.

Example:

10% of $30,000 = $3,000
10% of $300,000 = $30,000
10% of $3,000,000 = $300,000

You see, the wealthy/rich are already putting more into the pot. I've always been a fan of a flat tax because it's fair to everyone from the poor to the rich.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
I still feel like this is asking the redheaded waitress just because I can see she has ample supply when she has no interest in me.

It's not right.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
She's already paid a fortune in taxes over the years - by far more than her fair share. She's used her money to bring other would-be productive people here and set them on their own road to prosperity. Contrast that with the welfare state, which encourages people to be slugs. It takes money away from productive people a funnels it through an unproductive system.

Only a fool (or a Democrat politician) would set up a system that discourages work and encourages sloth.

Edit: And if a 4'6", 80 lb. immigrant can work to provide for herself and dozens of others, what excuse does any other able-bodied American have?

Last edited:

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
She's already paid a fortune in taxes over the years - by far more than her fair share. She's used her money to bring other would-be productive people here and set them on their own road to prosperity. Contrast that with the welfare state, which encourages people to be slugs. It takes money away from productive people a funnels it through an unproductive system.

Only a fool (or a Democrat politician) would set up a system that discourages work and encourages sloth.

Edit: And if a 4'6", 80 lb. immigrant can work to provide for herself and dozens of others, what excuse does any other able-bodied American have?
But doesnt immigration cost tax payers money. This person clearly has been a productive member of society but there are a lot of misses that with immigration. The rules of the U.S. Game are the more you make the more you pay, you know that.

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
If you don't earn it, you don't deserve it. If someone makes a larger amount of money, they're already paying more.

Example:

10% of $30,000 = $3,000
10% of $300,000 = $30,000
10% of $3,000,000 = $300,000

You see, the wealthy/rich are already putting more into the pot. I've always been a fan of a flat tax because it's fair to everyone from the poor to the rich.
I like Fair Tax hopefully one day the U.S. will put it in play.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
But doesnt immigration cost tax payers money. This person clearly has been a productive member of society but there are a lot of misses that with immigration. The rules of the U.S. Game are the more you make the more you pay, you know that.
Illegal immigration does...was she an illegal? Doesn't sound like it, since she's been paying taxes

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Illegal immigration does...was she an illegal? Doesn't sound like it, since she's been paying taxes
Many illegals pay taxes. Either with held by their employer ( and possibly never forwarded to the Government) or through an ITIN #.

Chinese are hard working. Why don't we let a billion of them come on in?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Great post, Bod. - thank you.

Rasmy [and persons just like her] should be on the news every night to provide inspiration and the set an example. Not that it would resolve the issue of bottom feeders in our society, but at least it would portray the standard we want to see from those who enter the country.

I'm not advocating scrapping our safety net programs but let's try to be a tad more efficient with our tax dollars if that's not too much to ask. :rolleye2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.