A-Day Help

DallasRTR

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2007
I've never been to A-Day before. I'm thinking about flying in for it.

I checked and there are no tickets for the game? What is it, first come first served? How early do you have to get to the stadium to guarantee a seat??

Anything else going on that day?

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
You should be able to get a seat anytime up to game time. The earlier you go, the better seat you'll get, since they are not reserved. You can also check UAGameday.com for A Day info.

From rolltide.com:

"Alabama’s 2013 A-Day Game is scheduled for Saturday, April 20, at 2 p.m. (CDT) inside Bryant-Denny Stadium. The A-Day Game is once again free to the public and will be televised live on ESPN2."

Last edited:

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
I've never been to A-Day before. I'm thinking about flying in for it.

I checked and there are no tickets for the game? What is it, first come first served? How early do you have to get to the stadium to guarantee a seat??

Anything else going on that day?
It's fun. We have done it a few times. It's like a game day experience without having to deal with another fan base. We fly into B'ham and play golf, then drive to T-town and eat. I like it because it seems alot less stressful than being all amped up for a real game. We will usually play golf again on Sunday and I think we caught a baseball game on a Sunday one time as well. Have a good time.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Admission is free and there are no tickets. You should be able to get in anytime even after the game starts. Last year the upper areas were pretty bare. Depending on the temperature for the day, I'd suggest getting in the stadium early to get a spot in the shady part of the lower bowl (the ones right under the upper seats). If the day is a scorcher, my personal favorite is getting a seat underneath one of the TVs because they keep those things air-conditioned. You won't sweat a drop.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I think there has only been once that seating has been any sort of issue, and that was Saban's first A-Day. I make the drive from Mobile each year, and I'm more worried about there being too many empty seats, than there not being enough.

The great thing about it is you can pick where you sit, so it is a good chance to sit someplace you usually wouldn't. In that regard, you might want to be mindful about getting in there early enough to pick the seat you want. However, you can take in all the activities and still probably avoid the upper deck/being right in the sun, if you don't wait until right before the game starts to get inside.

lazlohollyfeld

1st Team
Jul 20, 2010
Allen, TX
It's fun. We have done it a few times. It's like a game day experience without having to deal with another fan base. We fly into B'ham and play golf, then drive to T-town and eat. I like it because it seems alot less stressful than being all amped up for a real game. We will usually play golf again on Sunday and I think we caught a baseball game on a Sunday one time as well. Have a good time.
You have to share, where do you usually play?

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
I am a staunch White team fan. Don't tell me that you are a Crimson Team fan or we will have issues

muckraker

Jan 16, 2007
I'm planning on going for my first A-game. Not sure where the shady part is that you mentioned. exactly what section(s) are they?
thanks

TideHead

All-SEC
May 19, 2003
I'm planning on going for my first A-game. Not sure where the shady part is that you mentioned. exactly what section(s) are they?
thanks
Usually, most of the west side of the stadium is in the shade. If you can get in either U1 or U2 on the west side, you will have a roof over your head to protect you from the sun and any other elements. That is the area on the west side that is in between the lower bowl and the upper deck.

Bamanooga

1st Team
Sep 7, 2008
Signal Mountain, TN
Last year, I took the two oldest grandkids. It's still odd to me to see Coach Saban on the field the entire time. I love the respect he shows the university and fans by wearing a suit. Even though the temps were in the high 80s last year, he kept the jacket on (or that's how I remember it anyway).

One of my grandkids is a UT fan. It was so satisfying to answer him when he asked what was the meaning of the years that flashed on the signboard around the stadium.

Parking is far easier than game day, and there are a few activities on the quad, no tailgates that I noticed, but a few food vendors and a climbing wall.

Have a great time! Wish I could be there, too, this year.

muckraker

Jan 16, 2007
thanks a bunch.
how about parking? any suggestions? I've never been to an Alabama game before. Plan on getting there at least 2 hours early.

Joebama4455

Dec 3, 2012
thanks a bunch.
how about parking? any suggestions? I've never been to an Alabama game before. Plan on getting there at least 2 hours early.
Could just park at soccer fields and take a leisurely stroll past fraternities through Quad and catch a cold one at the strip

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.