Link: Is Jeremy Pruitt trying to take credit for Alabama's defensive success?

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Apparently the Jimbo and Jeremy show is indicating foul play...how convenient
Florida State's DeMarcus Walker, the NCAA Clearinghouse, and Alabama?

Interesting article. I would point out that there's no way Walker would be in a position to know who turned him in. He's just making an assumption. I can make an argument with equal weight that it couldn't possibly be Bama, because if we had known, we wouldn't have been recruiting a player with a fake class. My bet would be Miami. It should be noted that the article is in an FSU fan publication. I thought they were rather eager to play up the Bama angle - and then I looked at the header...

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
Interesting article. I would point out that there's no way Walker would be in a position to know who turned him in. He's just making an assumption. I can make an argument with equal weight that it couldn't possibly be Bama, because if we had known, we wouldn't have been recruiting a player with a fake class. My bet would be Miami. It should be noted that the article is in an FSU fan publication. I thought they were rather eager to play up the Bama angle - and then I looked at the header...
The Gators also wanted him at one time.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The Gators also wanted him at one time.
True. The statement in the article that Bama could have set up the fake class and then turned Walker in out of pique is about some of the most paranoid nonsense I've ever read. Sure, we like turning ourselves in. Idiots...

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
FSU - the Gators & Miami have been throwing this stuff at each other for decades. My bet would be one of those two.

Also, wasn't it JP's responbility while at Bama to make sure the kid was good to go?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yes because a guy who went from being an assistant high school football coach to defensive coordinator of FSU and making 540,000+ a year is super angry...:rolleyes:
Yeah, and in what - 7-8 years? After reading his remarks, I'm afraid that he thinks it's strictly because of his brilliance...

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
So the kid really believes Alabama turned him in on this alleged "fake" class (still under investigation it seems) because they were that upset at losing him? Do they have a helmet big enough for this kid's ego? I'm sure the coaches were disappointed, but by turning him in that would be admitting they knew the class was fake. Did Alabama notify the SEC? the NCAA? Florida State? By all accounts, no. Pruitt was his recruiter, wouldn't he also have known about this? Possibly even arranged for the class? Seems like a whole lot of damage to inflict on your program over sour grapes.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
So the kid really believes Alabama turned him in on this alleged "fake" class (still under investigation it seems) because they were that upset at losing him? Do they have a helmet big enough for this kid's ego? I'm sure the coaches were disappointed, but by turning him in that would be admitting they knew the class was fake. Did Alabama notify the SEC? the NCAA? Florida State? By all accounts, no. Pruitt was his recruiter, wouldn't he also have known about this? Possibly even arranged for the class? Seems like a whole lot of damage to inflict on your program over sour grapes.
If it's Bama he's talking about, this is beyond dumb...

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
If it's Bama he's talking about, this is beyond dumb...
That was my reaction as well. I would like to know his logic (if there is any) or who told him what (if anyone actually did). My first I wonder was if Pruitt told him that Alabama was up to this. Lots of holes in any logic to think anyone at Alabama could gain anything by doing this unless the thought process was to get back at Pruitt somehow. I know there is a lot of bad blood going around in this deal, but good grief.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
It makes no sense for Alabama to turn Walker in on fake classes because it would beg the question of Alabama's role in him participating in said classes. If Alabama had this knowledge, why would they recruit him? Might raise suspicion on other Alabama transcripts.

Some fans lack high-level thinking.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.