Link: What makes T.J. Yeldon such a promising RB?

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
TJ and Amari like Julio before them have a quiet confidence about them that you just can't teach.

no show boating or flash, but when the game is on the line, they are the first names you hear making the crucial plays.

looking foward to seeing TJ and Amari for the next 2-3 years. :)

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/03/what_makes_tj_yeldon_such_a_pr.html

An older interview with Burton Burns from the BCS title game but just released by AL.com today it looks like. He had some great things to say about TJ. Can't wait to see how he will accomplish in the next two season if he stays healthy.
Thanks. Great article. I think Burns is also a big, big asset as well. The proof is the RB's he's coached up since arriving with Coach Saban.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Love coach Burns. The thing about TJ is that it is not just one thing. He is a complete package type of player with 1st class ability in all the areas that make a great back like vision, quickness, cutting ability, strength, toughness, speed, coachability and intelligence. Put him with great coaching helping him understand coverage, pressing, how to setup blocks and when to just go. Then put both of them with an outstanding OL and you get greatness.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/03/what_makes_tj_yeldon_such_a_pr.html

An older interview with Burton Burns from the BCS title game but just released by AL.com today it looks like. He had some great things to say about TJ. Can't wait to see how he will accomplish in the next two season if he stays healthy.
Coach Burns mentioned the first thing that I noticed the first time I saw him play: his incredibly quick feet through the hole. Personally, in that regard, I think he`s better than Mark and Trent.

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
T.J. Yeldon is so good because he is actually Frozone (from "The Incredibles") in disguise.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
We seem to have a knack for attracting the no-nonsense types (Duron Carter being the exception which proves the rule). I like it...

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I can't help re-watching that crucial run by TJ when we were down in the 4th Quarter of the SECCG, when it was 3rd n 5.

To say that he made somethin' outta nothin' on that play doesn't even come close...

Talk about grit 'n' determination...

Of course, we all know what happened shortly thereafter, on the pass play to Amari... :)

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
We seem to have a knack for attracting the no-nonsense types (Duron Carter being the exception which proves the rule). I like it...
Plus..Once a Blue Chipper gets on campus & the "Tradition" that is Alabama Football starts to really sink in..They want to make a name for themselves while playing at Bama..To do that..They have to take their level of play to the extreme to earn a distinction of playing at Bama..That level of play if they achieve it..Puts them at the very best the game has to offer..

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I think Burn's ability to not just spot but develop talented running backs is unequaled in all of college football. Sure TJ is great, smart & talented but it's the kind of kid he is that stands out so much. He has a lot of the personality of Trent & Eddie just look at their exchanges when one replaced the other on the field. Man, you can't coach that unless they already have that demeanor.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.