Mike Gundy almost went to Tennessee in part because he disagreed with two tough OSU n

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...se-disagreed-231657212--ncaaf.html#more-27760

Mike Gundy almost went to Tennessee in part because he disagreed with two tough OSU non-conference games...
Yes, with neutral-site games against Mississippi State in 2013 and Florida State in 2014 on the OSU schedule, Gundy almost went to Tennessee to avoid those contests.

i can see FSU being a tough game. but seriously, someone mentions Mississippi State as a "tough non conf. game" and you are ready to run off...
Come on Mike, your over 40. be a man...

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Gundy is the modern day Houston Nutt. He gets his name out there for just about every job that comes on the open market. I wouldn't give this whole deal any real thought.

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Come after me! I'm a man! I'm over 40! I don't like tough road games! Don't go after some little program that does everything right!

Mike Gundy was not as much upset about the OOC games as he was with OSU AD Mike Holder. As reported in December 2012 the two were butting heads and Coach Gundy was going to get the control over his domain much like Coach Saban. He stated that other coaches have a say in many issues that affect their teams. Right now we must guess at what else was said, but we all get the picture. You know when your President (OSU) gets involved that the AD was told to work it out. As we can tell it got worked out and the Students at OSU are very happy.:BigA:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
If you think MSU is a tough OOC opponent, you have problems. That is one of those games like Texas made with Ole Miss so they could say "WE BEAT AN SEC TEAM" on their resume.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
MSU IS tough when your best-ever team couldn't beat Iowa State and seal the deal. Won't even be able to blame the loss on a plane crash.

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
Mike Gundy almost went to Tennessee in part because he disagreed with two tou...

What I find most interesting about the article is that Gundy feels like he needs cupcake OOC opponents to deliver on "his promise to recruits." IMO kids should be able to see right through a recruiting pitch that involves a promise to win a National Championship. Unless you're CNS who could guarantee that? 😎

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.