Link: Bielema: I Came Here To Beat Bama, Win SEC Titles

Beilima is confused. He thinks he took the LSU job. Somebody please do the man a favor and tell him he works in Fayetteville not Baton Rouge.
He comes from a conference that's supposedly one of the big boys. Everyone and their mama (App State) has beaten up on the B1G. Sure he a pretty good running game at Wis Cheese but the SEC is a different monster which he'll soon find out.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
His big mis-measure was coming to this conference thinking it was just Alabama. I don't know if I'm the biggest SEC SEC SEC guy in the world, but it is hard to argue our depth at the top and competitiveness of the middle in this conference. There are 5 teams in this conference that have a legitimate chance of beating us on a given day. South Carolina did it the last time we played. TAMU did it this year. LSU and UGA almost did it; LSU is 2-2 against us between 2010-2012.

He's sadly mistaken if he thinks he's coming into a situation like Wisconsin where it's relatively easy to separate your program from the middle pack and you only have 2 or 3 teams yearly worth a darn in the conference. I don't know if the top of the Big Ten is that far off from the SEC but I know they don't have the depth of quality teams yearly.

Personally, I think he abandoned ship in the Big Ten because he sees that Hoke and Meyer are going to run that conference and he just took the money grab available in Fayetteville.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
Re: Arky Coach:"I didn't come here to play Alabama. I came here to beat Alabama."

In the locker room material dept.:

Mash Here

That stuff may go where he came from...he's got a lot to learn

I didn't use the search function :blush: Use it, the search function is your friend.

I think I hate Brett...I know I hate him!
Even a fan that commented to that article is delusional...

If you put Saban up against Bielema, give both teams (((equal talent))), and see who would win more games, well, of course Bielema would win more games against Saban.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Arky Coach:"I didn't come here to play Alabama. I came here to beat Alabama."

Petrino was the best coach Arkansas has ever had in the SEC and he was no closer to eclipse the Alabama-LSU hegemony over the West than the Ole Miss or Mississippi State programs over the same period. All Petrino's expertise did was separate Arkansas from the also-rans. They got beat by an average of 36.5-13.75 by Alabama under Petrino. He did manage two upsets on LSU but neither were when the game had any stakes on the West race (2008 and 2010). They got absolutely blitzed by LSU when they had a legitimate shot of a 3-way tie in 2011 that would be decided by BCS rankings.

DCETP

Scout Team
Sep 29, 2012
Talk is cheap Brett, let's see you do it on the field when you're not inheriting the reins from a legend (Alvarez, who remained his AD at Wisconsin) in a weak conference.

Sabine Free Sta

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 3, 2012
Bielema has always struck me as rather obnoxious but I wouldn't pay millions for a football coach who didn't show up with the attitude that he was going to build a program that would whip everyone else.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
So CBB knew his crowd. I'm sure he fired 'em up n sent dem boys home ready to whip some butt! That's part of his job. With each we hired during the dark days we full well believed that that coach would take us to the promised land. And we believed it until we found one who did.

Not much to see here, imo.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.