Link: Bielema: I Came Here To Beat Bama, Win SEC Titles

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
To quote Bugs Bunny, "What a maroon!"

In two sentences, he manages to question Saban's competence, the validity of the other four in the SEC's streak of seven NCs, not to mention LSU's (won by the same Saban he calls out) that falls outside the streak, plus the one Tennessee won early in the BCS era. Plus some dang tough teams that haven't won NCs.

Confident is one thing; stupid is another. But he's raised the stakes to flat-out Stoopid.

As Mike Tyson said, "Yeah, everybody has a plan...'til they get hit in the mouth." Judging from what comes out of this one, it'll be a big target.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
After reading this article..All I can tell Hog Fans..Is to keep "Smiling"..Cause you fired one crazy HC & hired another one..I like a confident HC..Dude is crazy for saying stuff like this..Tick off Coach Saban & rest of the SEC..Before you even play an SEC game..Dude..Not smart at all..

"The reason the SEC is talked about all the time is one team, because of their dominance. But I didn't come here to play Alabama. I came here to beat Alabama.
"You can take Saban's record when he was at Michigan State and when he was a coach in the Big Ten and put it against mine, and he can't compare."

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

I see Bielema forgot to compare national championships

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
Bret should have checked his schedule before saying what he said.

9/28/13 Texas A&M
10/5/13 @ Florida
10/12/13 South Carolina
10/19/13 @ Alabama

His team will be beat up by the time they reach Alabama.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
Arky Coach:"I didn't come here to play Alabama. I came here to beat Alabama."

In the locker room material dept.:

Mash Here

That stuff may go where he came from...he's got a lot to learn

I didn't use the search function :blush: Use it, the search function is your friend.

I think I hate Brett...I know I hate him!

Last edited:

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Looks like Bret got caught up in that pep rally atmosphere. Schmoozing the boosters and not considering that what he's says will get out to the rest of the world. Rookie mistake.

My favorite comment under...
He's going to put a new set of tires on a rusty old car and run it head-on into Nick Saban's Crimson Tide locomotive. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what is going to happen when they collide.

Last edited:

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
"You can take Saban's record when he was at Michigan State and when he was a coach in the Big Ten and put it against mine, and he can't compare."

Wow. He's about one toke over the line. eh, maybe two.
You know, if he had simply left out that one line, it would have been a pretty good speech. But unless you're Steve Spurrier, you just don't go out of your way to antagonize opposing coaches.

In life we learn never to tick off the meanest dog on the block but yet Bret Arnold Bielema decided to do just that. Right when you thought Coach Bielema was a stand up guy and an adult with common sense we all find out just what a nut job this coach is.

It's a whole different world for new Arkansas coach Bret Bielema, born and raised on Big Ten Conference football.

Did someone explain to Arnold (Bielema) that he is now in the SEC and will face Texas A&M, Florida, and S. Carolina before facing Alabama. Right when you think Bielema has common sense he gives us all a good hardy laugh. BTW Arkansas fans are not happy at all.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
He was a loud mouth and a bully at Wisky.

Who likes to run up the score...

Now he comes out with this.

Boy am I ever going to enjoy watching him eat his words...

Last edited:
"You can take Saban's record when he was at Michigan State and when he was a coach in the Big Ten and put it against mine, and he can't compare." -Nuts Arnold Bielema

Hey Nuts Bielema here is a record you can chew on.

Nick Saban 4 BCS National Titles
Arnold Bielema 0 BCS National Titles

Arnold you can thank your former AD Barry Alvarez for building your program which was going down the drain when you left. Coach Saban actually built the programs at MSU and LSU.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
I do think he should keep the low key approach kind of like Coach Sumlin did last year with Texas A&M, but he was spouting off his mouth to his fan base. It seems like these Coaches lose track of today's media and they don't realize that someone is probably recording them just waiting to put their words out there. He seemed to be trying to get the group fired up about the season and it will more than likely backfire on him.

Evidently it never occurred to him that he'd likely be back next year talking to this same booster club again and you can bet they won't forget his egotistical babble.

Matter of fact, EVERY BC in the state will also remember. :pDT_vis:

BamaAlum97

1st Team
Dec 13, 2002
Tulsa, OK
I don't really have a problem with it. A fired up head coach trying to fire up a fan base that, quite frankly, needs a reason to cheer. I didn't really expect him to show up and talk about being scared of Bama or any other team.

He has yet to coach a single game in the SEC, and the time will come when he has to prove his chops on the big stage.

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL
After going 4-0 against ULL, Samford, S. Miss, and Maybe Rutgers the rest of Arnold's life gets a reality check.

Texas A&M, Florida, S. Carolina, Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss St., and LSU. Eight straight games vs SEC opponents. The first four are Top 10 teams in 2012. Amazing Bret Arnold.

I would actually be surprised if Southern Miss or Rutgers do not beat Arky. At least one of them. Bielema just wanted to do what the new kid at elementary school does...Find the biggest, meanest kid there and start a fight so he doesn't get bullied as bad. I almost feel sorry for the wrath he has just brought to the hog fans.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.