Link: Bielema: I Came Here To Beat Bama, Win SEC Titles

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
After reading this article..All I can tell Hog Fans..Is to keep "Smiling"..Cause you fired one crazy HC & hired another one..I like a confident HC..Dude is crazy for saying stuff like this..Tick off Coach Saban & rest of the SEC..Before you even play an SEC game..Dude..Not smart at all..

"The reason the SEC is talked about all the time is one team, because of their dominance. But I didn't come here to play Alabama. I came here to beat Alabama.
"You can take Saban's record when he was at Michigan State and when he was a coach in the Big Ten and put it against mine, and he can't compare."

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

BamaFanatJSU

1st Team
Apr 24, 2008
Rainbow City, AL
After reading this article..All I can tell Hog Fans..Is to keep "Smiling"..Cause you fired one crazy HC & hired another one..I like a confident HC..Dude is crazy for saying stuff like this..Tick off Coach Saban & rest of the SEC..Before you even play an SEC game..Dude..Not smart at all..

"The reason the SEC is talked about all the time is one team, because of their dominance. But I didn't come here to play Alabama. I came here to beat Alabama.
"You can take Saban's record when he was at Michigan State and when he was a coach in the Big Ten and put it against mine, and he can't compare."

Here's The Link..CLICK ME
Just because the bear is 5'6" doesn't mean you should poke it. We'll see how CBB feels in a few years after Bama makes their @#$ quit with their own "revamped" style of football.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I hope he enjoys trying to beat Alabama by playing our own style but with 2 and 3 star talent.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
If he thinks the only reason the SEC is talked about is because of 'Bama' alone, he has not been paying attention. And as to comparing CNS's record while at MSU to his at UW while in the B10 is amusing if not outright laughable. The SEC is a whole new ballgame. I'm not belittling what he accomplished while at UW, but just because he could fit CNS in his belly does not mean Arky is going to eat up either CNS and Bama, or anyone else in the SEC. I'm not even going to wish him good luck, other than a quick safe ride out of Arkansas.
Roll Tide...A'ight!

WRIGHTRACING

Jan 7, 2012
Wouldn't it be funnier to see a score of more than 52-0 this year...Just to make sure he knows who he's talking to? That 52-0 beatdown last year was being nice. They eased up somewhere around the 3rd quarter and AR still couldn't score.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
OK, Bret, I accept the challenge.

Bret Bielema INHERITED a program ALREADY BUILT by Barry Alvarez, a program that went 19-6 in the two years prior to his arrival. In seven years he went 68-24 and lost the Rose Bowl twice, once to a non-AQ TCU team. His average record was 9-3, and he finished in the Top Ten twice. Keep in mind Wisconsin is the ONLY team in Wisconsin, their border state of Minnesota is terrible, and Bielema pretty much has free reign from Wisconsin to the Idaho-Washington border (e.g. no powers in Montana, the Dakotas, Minnesota - not FBS ones anyway).

Nick Saban INHERITED a Michigan State program that was (and still is) the number two team in the state (sort of like coaching at Auburn, Ga Tech, or Tennessee, rim shot). The team had not had a winning season in five years and was on probation. In the two years prior they were 11-12. In five years there he never had a losing season and improved them to 9-2 before resiigning to take the LSU job.

Keep in mind that the Big Ten during Saban's era was quite a bit tougher than today's group. Mich St was routed by that Nebraska juggernaut; Wisconsin's OOC last year included Northern Iowa, UTEP, and a game with Utah St no doubt scheduled when the Aggies were terrible. Saban faced a team that should have been defending champions in 1995 (Penn State), a team that won it all in 1997 (Michigan, who only beat him 23-7), and a VERY GOOD Ohio State team for the time frame that TWICE (1995 and 1996) went unbeaten until losing to Michigan.

Bielema hasn't faced a Big Ten national championship contender since 2007, when he got killed by Ohio State.

So sure, I'll make that comparison. Does Bielema dare suggest he is going to win the SEC at Arkansas NEXT YEAR? Because that's what Saban did at LSU; he won the division at Alabama his second year.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Wouldn't it be funnier to see a score of more than 52-0 this year...Just to make sure he knows who he's talking to? That 52-0 beatdown last year was being nice. They eased up somewhere around the 3rd quarter and AR still couldn't score.
Notre Dame at least scored twice after we quit trying.

Dakotatider

1st Team
Sep 20, 2005
I say Good for him and lets rumble hog boy!!!! We will turn a Big mouth to a pretender!!

SEC right now looks like a Walking dead episode right now. I am glad to see someone with some sauciness. but we will not waiver you will be destoryed.

Last edited:

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
This fool not only provided bulletin board material for our team, but don't you think there are others who will bristle at that "one team" comment? Arkansas also has to play aTm, Florida, USCe and LSU this season.

Like Lame Kitten, his mouth is writing checks his team can't cash. It will be fun watching this guy get Processed.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
"You can take Saban's record when he was at Michigan State and when he was a coach in the Big Ten and put it against mine, and he can't compare.
Certified goofball. He might have come to Fayetteville to beat Bama but I guess a fella can dream. Also taking Saban's record at MSU and comparing it to Bielema is ludacris. Saban didn't quite take over a steady program, Bielema took over after a legend who already had some pretty good players in place.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
OK, Bret, I accept the challenge.

Bret Bielema INHERITED a program ALREADY BUILT by Barry Alvarez, a program that went 19-6 in the two years prior to his arrival. In seven years he went 68-24 and lost the Rose Bowl twice, once to a non-AQ TCU team. His average record was 9-3, and he finished in the Top Ten twice. Keep in mind Wisconsin is the ONLY team in Wisconsin, their border state of Minnesota is terrible, and Bielema pretty much has free reign from Wisconsin to the Idaho-Washington border (e.g. no powers in Montana, the Dakotas, Minnesota - not FBS ones anyway).

Nick Saban INHERITED a Michigan State program that was (and still is) the number two team in the state (sort of like coaching at Auburn, Ga Tech, or Tennessee, rim shot). The team had not had a winning season in five years and was on probation. In the two years prior they were 11-12. In five years there he never had a losing season and improved them to 9-2 before resiigning to take the LSU job.

Keep in mind that the Big Ten during Saban's era was quite a bit tougher than today's group. Mich St was routed by that Nebraska juggernaut; Wisconsin's OOC last year included Northern Iowa, UTEP, and a game with Utah St no doubt scheduled when the Aggies were terrible. Saban faced a team that should have been defending champions in 1995 (Penn State), a team that won it all in 1997 (Michigan, who only beat him 23-7), and a VERY GOOD Ohio State team for the time frame that TWICE (1995 and 1996) went unbeaten until losing to Michigan.

Bielema hasn't faced a Big Ten national championship contender since 2007, when he got killed by Ohio State.

So sure, I'll make that comparison. Does Bielema dare suggest he is going to win the SEC at Arkansas NEXT YEAR? Because that's what Saban did at LSU; he won the division at Alabama his second year.
Sorry I jumped the gun and didn't read the whole thread but you said it all!!!!!

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
He has Much larger problems than Bama. He will be very lucky to win one SEC game & I don't think it will be Bama. It's nice to have confidence but I think like Mizzoumhe is going to discover Grown Man Football.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I do think he should keep the low key approach kind of like Coach Sumlin did last year with Texas A&M, but he was spouting off his mouth to his fan base. It seems like these Coaches lose track of today's media and they don't realize that someone is probably recording them just waiting to put their words out there. He seemed to be trying to get the group fired up about the season and it will more than likely backfire on him.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.