Link: Former Auburn Players Talk

Luvubama

All-SEC
May 26, 2008
Charlotte NC
You would think that someone at Auburn in that web of lies would be exhausted with the constant need to defend -- and want do something to cleanse their conscious. I know I wouldn't be able to keep it up.

Al Becker

3rd Team
Jan 25, 2011
Trussville, Al.
fortunately for us as Alabama fans we can be more focused on the positive of what is going on in our football program, athletics department and university. While we have our "mentality" as a fan base and university, so does auburn and every other school for that matter.

In viewing the general reaction from their fan base one can see the mentality. There are no questions as to how to truly put a stop to these continual allegations, ie: change the culture. the response is that former payers are bitter, bammers are jealous(really?, of what?) ESPN is out to get us, tne national media is made because they were proven wrong in the Scam deal, Saban is friends with Emmert and so on.

THis make me even more thankful for Mal, coach Saban and our administration for the way our program and department is running. People actually take reponsibility for their actions and expect the same of our atheletes. I realize that we have our issues, see the recent arrests, but it is a total package of prevention, accountability and consequenses that allow us or anyother organization to function properly. Untile the barn and narners realize this things will never change and if we compromise on thse principles the way our programs funtions will decline as well.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
This particular case will be the straw that breaks the camels back. The sheer national perception of the Barn's program and the "slime" going on down there is at an all time low and that is saying a lot. As bad as Emerrett and the NCAA have been I don't know how they will not be able to put together evidence that will bury the Barn. It could not happen to a bigger bunch of goobers.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
This particular case will be the straw that breaks the camels back. The sheer national perception of the Barn's program and the "slime" going on down there is at an all time low and that is saying a lot. As bad as Emerrett and the NCAA have been I don't know how they will not be able to put together evidence that will bury the Barn. It could not happen to a bigger bunch of goobers.
I'm doubtful. As they say in Mizzou: show me.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Link to a long ESPN Magazine article. Takes a while, but well worth the time.

If they can hang Penn State for LOIC because of stuff only indirectly related to athletics, the barn has reason to be scared witless. As much as I'll enjoy their pain, it's not all good for us.

Historically, they've been most active in their efforts to sabotage us when they themselves have been embarrassed. They might lie, pay disgruntled former players to lie, engage in entrapment schemes on current players or recruits, or do any number of underhanded things.

But they are at their most dangerous when they've been humiliated on a national stage.

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=9133824

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com
I want to believe everything that you said and I too believe they will get their's someday. We've been to this watering hole several times before. I hope we get to drink this time.

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
I had thought that the NCAA, even compromised as it is now, would hang around, simply because there wasn't a real alternative. It's become more and more obvious that the interests of the big budget schools and the majority small budget schools just diverge too greatly. One man (president) one vote just won't work here. I'd believed that I'd never see the dissolution of the NCAA in my lifetime. Now, assuming I survive the next several years, I think I may see it. I think the juxtaposition of our textbook case and the purchase of Cam Newton's services demonstrates how dysfunctional the NCAA has become. Cooperate and get hammered. Lawyer-up and skate. Had the NCAA hired a David Stern, then the collapse could have been delayed a few years. Hiring Emmert, a political hack, has hastened the implosion. Pretty soon, it's not just going to be Auburn and Ole Miss thumbing their noses at the NCAA, There are several other schools in the SEC alone who will go back to buying players wholesale when they realize that there really is no enforcement function which is viable...
Agreed. Good points Earle. I too never thought I'd see the demise of the NCAA in my lifetime but now I'm not so sure either. It's sad really what is happening. Not that I don't hate the NCAA and think they're getting what they deserve for their previously unchecked power and the capriciousness of their 'investigations' and sanctions and their attempts to destroy programs. But what's to fill the void? Even if they continue to exist where's their power any more having lost all their credibility? Yes it's great right now with us where we are and the boogs about as low as they can possibly be. In a sense nothing could be better really. But if they don't get hammered soon they'll cheat their way back to being at least somewhat competitive on the field. Even the state of almost continuous NCAA investigations and overwhelming public perception of their being cheaters will wear thin and be marginalized if the NCAA can't once and for all nail them. And the NCAA and Emmert will never do anything to them now unless they have an absolutely airtight case that can stand up to the boogs' legal challenges. The NCAA and Emmert need a big win like nailing aubrens would be, but Emmert is a joke and may not last in the current negative atmosphere. Everyone anywhere now knows 2010, scam, etc were all a big cheat but doubts the NCAA can finally get them and knows that Emmert wouldn't even enforce his own bylaws re: scam's daddy selling him to the highest bidder. So the NCAAs in a world of hurt right now (which is where aubrens should be) and struggling to be able to enforce their own rules. If Miami skates or gets off lightly because of the NCAAs botched investigation despite probably overwhelming evidence against them then watch out my friends. Where's the NCAA finally going to get a big enough win to make them credible again and capable of bringing down the boogs? I fear the NCAA, especially with Emmert there, won't be able to pull it off. I love seeing aubrens imploded program. It's absolutely wonderful. But I want to see them finally get what they deserve off the field also and get pounded back to the dark ages. Unfortunately I'm skeptical it will happen.
Oh well. End of rant. It makes me tired. I'll turn my thoughts to our program and how great it is and be evermore thankful for Mal Moore and his legacy.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
Link to a long ESPN Magazine article. Takes a while, but well worth the time.

If they can hang Penn State for LOIC because of stuff only indirectly related to athletics, the barn has reason to be scared witless. As much as I'll enjoy their pain, it's not all good for us.

Historically, they've been most active in their efforts to sabotage us when they themselves have been embarrassed. They might lie, pay disgruntled former players to lie, engage in entrapment schemes on current players or recruits, or do any number of underhanded things.

But they are at their most dangerous when they've been humiliated on a national stage.

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=9133824
Yes you're right. In their current state the boogs will strike out against us every and any way they can. We have to be especially vigilant. Even if they finally got hammered officially that would only redouble their efforts to bring us down too.

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
Believe me I hope you're correct. I'm pessimistic but one can always hope. I'd love to see this thread turn into another Megathread only with the proper ending this time.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
If the NCAA doesn't have the get up and go to act on these current revelations...then they just need to get up and go. I would say install someone somewhat LIKE CNS at the helm. But NOT CNS! Someone like him, if such a comparable individual exists. Maybe re-form the CFA. The majority of you here are smarter than I am, somebody should be able to figure this out and get CFB out of that dungeon of ineptness that houses the NCAA.

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
Mega thread? Why?
Call it what you will but if it truly came about that the boogs finally got officially hammered by the NCAA then it would be one heck of a thread(s) on here and great bedtime reading for years to come.:D

If the NCAA doesn't have the get up and go to act on these current revelations...then they just need to get up and go. I would say install someone somewhat LIKE CNS at the helm. But NOT CNS! Someone like him, if such a comparable individual exists. Maybe re-form the CFA. The majority of you here are smarter than I am, somebody should be able to figure this out and get CFB out of that dungeon of ineptness that houses the NCAA.
That dungeon of ineptness that houses the NCAA is the schools that make up the body. It's not a completely independent agency/organization.

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
Ha. CFA CFA CFA CFA. I'd forgotten the name. As I remember Bear and Bama were principal players in founding it and it did get the NCAA's attention. I think it definitely is time to re-form it and don't invite aubrens, especially if they haven't been busted by the NCAA.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Call it what you will but if it truly came about that the boogs finally got officially hammered by the NCAA then it would be one heck of a thread(s) on here and great bedtime reading for years to come.:D

Just look at the ESPN Football link. There are at least 4 articles about the current situation at the Barn (ALL NEGATIVE). That's about 40% of the articles listed.

Couldn't happen to a better place than the Loveliest Village on the Plains.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.