Link: Former Auburn Players Talk

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Re: Q&A: Reporter Selena Roberts defends, stands by Auburn violations report

If she says in those interviews that she has tapes (she'd better), it's game over. The question then becomes how much negative PR the NCAA can take before they're forced to do something about the Auburn "situation."
I think the NCAA has a lot bigger PR problems right now than turning a blind eye to *U's shenanigans.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I saw an Auburn fan post on Facebook that he knew Auburn was in the clear when ESPN ran with the story last night.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Just heard JOX say she has NO tapes. The interviews were done while she was driving or in her car. I assume that means on her phone. So without tapes this is a non-story again. I know some say she has them and I just heard she didn't so who knows at this point.
Edited to add: JOX says she has "some" of the interviews on tape. Apparently she is to be intervied by JOX on their afternoon show. I guess we will see.
Did you hear that from Al "Baghdad Bob" Del Greco?

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Auburn has been systematically paying players, changing grades, and funneling players into easy classes and majors for decades.
They were caught in 1990 only because Eric Ramsey had them caught on tape. Without the tape, even that would have gone away.
Since then....Terry Bowden said they were cheating, former players admitted on HBO that they were paid, Cam Newton's father was soliciting pay from Miss. State but not Auburn (sure;)) and Cam didn't know (sure;)). Then the whole story about funneling football players into easy majors and classes (Sociology) came out.

Now even more players admit to being paid. Academic fraud for a least 9 players...and rampant drug use.

This story also uncovers the racial tensions that are common on the Auburn campus. This just goes along with the racial slur allegations of the Reese Dismukes story.

All Auburn reaction to this is to deny and fight it, and say that it is all made up and that the Red Elephant Club is out to get them.

Auburn University...what a cesspool!

Last edited:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Just the talk of this story hurts them. It is like this stuff can't go away. It is kind of probation without probation. Sooner or later the recruits will start to believe what these other players are saying or their mommas will believe and steer them away from *U. The Foster kid witnessed first hand how Dismukes does business.

100%Crimson

All-SEC
Feb 4, 2004
Did you hear that from Al "Baghdad Bob" Del Greco?
LOL. It was two people. I am sure it was Al at some point. I guess what bothers me is the tapes that needed to be made were not the ones where the players were talking about the grade changing and money. It was "chit chat" instead. We have all heard the "oh I have tapes" story before and then when they are played it's about things like trees and toilet paper. Of course, we won't know for sure until someone asks this lady point blank and she says she has tapes and they prove her story. I will wait to see this but not holding my breath. I am jaded about the NCAA and all things Auburn.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
Interesting on the ESPN article linked earlier, how it's pointed to one thing in particular. $$$

And the NBC article mentions all of the recent allegations.

The sharks are thirsty.

Also, I think it is worth mentioning that Selena's story mentions several violations that would each bring severe penalties. Sev.er.al... Too bad the NCAA can't find their way out of a wet paper bag.

Gibson09

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 5, 2010
Jason Kirk?@JasonKirkSBN35m
We *think* we've chronicled every allegation made against Auburn about the Gene Chizik era here: LINK

December 31, 2008: Auburn hires Gene Chizik as head coach. No scandals yet!

May 30, 2009: Auburn's Big Cat Weekend recruiting event leads to self-reported NCAA violations and assistant Trooper Taylor being taken off the recruiting trail for several months.

December 31, 2009: Cam Newton commits to Auburn. For the nine months prior to his commitment, Newton was being "represented" by former Mississippi State player Kenny Rogers and his dad, Cecil Newton. Cecil Newton had approached Mississippi State about a cash payment to secure Cam Newton's commitment in November 2009. That offer was rebuffed. Newton chose Auburn.

April 28, 2010: Impermissible contact between coaches and recruits at Auburn's Tiger Prowl event leads to self-reported violations and Taylor and Tommy Thigpen being barred by Auburn from recruiting for 45 days. Tiger Prowl is the one with the stretch Hummers and limos and so forth.

April 30, 2010: The NCAA bans events like Tiger Prowl.

October 5, 2010: The NCAA notifies Auburn that it is opening a probe into pay-for-play allegations regarding the recruitment of Cam Newton. Auburn told investigators that it had no contact with Rogers during Newton's recruitment.

November 9, 2010: Gene Chizik calls the Cam Newton allegations "garbage," inadvertently channeling Oklahoma State head coach Mike Gundy. Scandal-plagued Auburn assistants Taylor and Curtis Luper had previously been on Gundy's coaching staff. This is an amusing coincidence.

November 30, 2010: The NCAA declares Cam Newton ineligible for violating amateurism rules.

December 1, 2010: The NCAA reverses course, stating that there is no evidence that Newton knew of his dad's pursuit of payments, and reinstates Newton for the upcoming SEC Championship Game against South Carolina.

December 2010: According to Roberts' report, Auburn changed the grades of up to nine players to make them eligible for the national championship game against Oregon. The list included running back Michael Dyer, who reportedly had a failing grade changed just days before running for 143 yards in Auburn's national championship game victory. Dyer left the program one year later after an undisclosed violation of team rules. McNeil claimed he also received a falsified grade.

2010 offseason: Wide receiver Darvin Adams says he was offered "several thousand dollars" by Auburn coaches to forego the NFL Draft and return for his senior season. When he turned down the bribe, Adams says he was blackballed by the Auburn coaching staff. He went undrafted and landed in the Canadian Football League.

February 16, 2011: The NCAA heads to Thibodaux, Louisiana to question Auburn recruit Greg Robinson and company after a report by Fox Sports' Thayer Evans on Taylor's recruiting success in the area, a story in which Taylor denies paying players.

March 10, 2011: Four Auburn football players -- McNeil, Dakota Mosley, Shaun Kitchens and Antonio Goodwin -- are arrested for armed robbery. The Roberts report claims that the players were initially held by police while they waited for Auburn football coaches to pick them up for "a college prank gone wrong." Later that afternoon, they were arraigned and kicked off the football team.

March 30, 2011: On HBO's Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel, four former Auburn football players -- Stanley McClover, Troy Reddick, Chaz Ramsey and Raven Gray -- told Gumbel that they had received cash to play for the Tigers. All four players predated Chizik's appointment as head coach, though McClover and Reddick were at Auburn while Chizik was defensive coordinator. Again, Chizik called the allegations "pure garbage." Multiple other contemporary and previous Auburn players denied the show's claims, particularly McClover's.

April 14, 2011: The NCAA is still investigating Tiger Prowl, Jon Solomon reports.

October 12, 2011: The NCAA ends the Newton investigation, finding insufficient evidence against Auburn and the quarterback.

August 13, 2012: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Michael Carvell reports five-star Auburn commit Reuben Foster met with the NCAA about his transfer to Auburn High School, but it later comes out that his mother meant Foster met with Alabama's high school association.

August 17, 2012: Auburn signee Jovon Robinson, a running back out of Wooddale High School in Memphis, Tenn., is ruled ineligible after an NCAA investigation found that his high school grades had been changed without proper approval. A guidance counselor at his high school admitted to falsifying the grade report and resigned.

October 2012: The NCAA launches an investigation of Taylor, the wide receivers coach and Luper, the running backs coach/recruiting coordinator. Taylor and Luper are removed from their recruiting assignments.

October 30, 2012: When asked if Taylor and Luper were no longer recruiting, Chizik tells reporters: "That has nothing to do with us winning. Whoever said that has nothing to do with anything, so I am not getting into any of that stuff. I've got one track, and that is our players and our coaches, and trying to get us to the next win, so, all of that stuff, I have no comment on that."

November 21, 2012: Yahoo!'s Pat Forde reports that the NCAA is looking into "improprieties" involving Auburn recruiters and third parties, specifically officials at Wooddale High School providing benefits to Auburn recruits. Forde reports that, in addition to the Robinson allegations, a physical education teacher who was an Auburn alumnus and fan provided rides and other impermissible benefits to Robinson.

November 25, 2012: Gene Chizik is fired by Auburn.

April 3, 2013: The Roberts report.

100%Crimson

All-SEC
Feb 4, 2004
Selena Roberts is to be interviewed on JOX at noon. They (no, I don't know who they are since I rarely listen to them during that time period) claim they will ask her about the tapes. I bet she doesn't have the ones that implicate Auburn in any way. Either way, I bet that show will have lots of listeners for once.

Selena Roberts is to be interviewed on JOX at noon. They (no, I don't know who they are since I rarely listen to them during that time period) claim they will ask her about the tapes. I bet she doesn't have the ones that implicate Auburn in any way. Either way, I bet that show will have lots of listeners for once.
And all those extra listeners will get to hear how much the show sounds like ridiculous morning zoo radio.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Just heard JOX say she has NO tapes. The interviews were done while she was driving or in her car. I assume that means on her phone. So without tapes this is a non-story again. I know some say she has them and I just heard she didn't so who knows at this point.
Edited to add: JOX says she has "some" of the interviews on tape. Apparently she is to be intervied by JOX on their afternoon show. I guess we will see.
Has tapes, doesn't have tapes, sounds like Scott Moore. Hope this isn't another media, look at me ploy like he pulled.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.