***2015 LB/DE Mekhi Brown commits to Bama***

Elwood Crimson

1st Team
Jul 27, 2004
IMO the future coach will likely be Smart, or Cristobal. The only outside coaches i would like to see would be Shaw from Stanford.
Sounds too much like "Mike Dubose part deux."

Dubose and Obama prove that Executive Experience should be a prerequisite for the two most important jobs in the world. IMO Bama will never hire another coordinator for head coach.

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
Sounds too much like "Mike Dubose part deux."

Dubose and Obama prove that Executive Experience should be a prerequisite for the two most important jobs in the world. IMO Bama will never hire another coordinator for head coach.
I could not agree with you more. The program will be in great shape when CNS decides to retire. I would think there will be a number of proven head coaches that will be interested in the Alabama job.

Last edited:

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
He'd definitely be a departure from the norm. Dabo has surprised a lot of people with how he's built that Clemson program. It'll be interesting to see how he continues to develop as a head coach. I think he'd crawl back to Tuscaloosa for that job.

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
I hope you are kidding.

If Dabo ever becomes the head coach at Alabama I may have to find another team. Also, he's never had a defense as a head coach and we'll see what happens to him when his offensive coordinator leaves him.

I sometimes think he's confused and thinks he's the head cheerleader coach rather than the football coach. I think he should take a piece of advise from Coach Bryant and act like he's been there before. He gets so giddy and high fives everyone to the point that I'm embarrassed for him. I hope we never, ever see him at Alabama.

Sorry. End of rant. :pDT_mad3:

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
The only thing that is keep me from wanting Gary Patterson is because of last coach from TCU that Alabama hired. Either Patterson or Shaw would be ideal outside candidates. (Note: I suspect Shaw will be in the NFL soon enough, especially if 49ers Harbaugh continues to be a success).

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
I hope you are kidding.

If Dabo ever becomes the head coach at Alabama I may have to find another team. Also, he's never had a defense as a head coach and we'll see what happens to him when his offensive coordinator leaves him.

I sometimes think he's confused and thinks he's the head cheerleader coach rather than the football coach. I think he should take a piece of advise from Coach Bryant and act like he's been there before. He gets so giddy and high fives everyone to the point that I'm embarrassed for him. I hope we never, ever see him at Alabama.

He's got the #3 team in the country and a Heisman Trophy candidate at QB. I'd say he's doing ok regardless of what you think of his coaching style.

And Mekhi Brown is going to be a beast in a few years.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He's got the #3 team in the country and a Heisman Trophy candidate at QB. I'd say he's doing ok regardless of what you think of his coaching style.
Auburn had the #1 team and a Heisman winner. That didn't make Chizik a great (or even good) head coach. Not saying that I know more that I know about Dabo - just pointing out that it isn't that simple when the sample size is this small.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I hope you are kidding.

With more experience will come more wisdom.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
When the time comes, I hope our next coach is Kirby Smart. He will continue and maintain what Coach Saban has built.

Any other coach will come in and make changes because of his ego.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! :cool2:

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Whenthe time comes, I hope our next coach is Kirby Smart. He will continue and maintain what Coach Saban has built.

Any other coach will come in and make changes because of his ego.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! :cool2:
I'm sorry, but the next coach deserves to have the opportunity to do things as he sees fit.

For instance, if you look back, the best possible replacement for Bear Bryant was probably Bobby Bowden. But, he wasn't one of Bear's boys, he would have done things his own way, etc... Saban had no ties to Alabama, or to previous Alabama coaches.

I hope we have to wait a while, but the next head coach shouldn't be put in place to emulate anyone else, he should be there because he's the best candidate.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Dabo will not be a head coach at Alabama. He isn't a good coach. Chad Morris, his OC, is the most popular name on that staff. Let's not forget who Dabo learned from as an assistant at Alabama.

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
Dabo will not be a head coach at Alabama. He isn't a good coach. Chad Morris, his OC, is the most popular name on that staff. Let's not forget who Dabo learned from as an assistant at Alabama.

Not a particular Dabo fan, however isn't it just possible that he might have learned a little from the coach he played under and was a GA under at Bama? After all, his Alabama career didn't start with his tour as an assistant under Dubose.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012

This thread really needs to get back on track, however I must comment on this. How you can say he isn't a good coach baffles me. He took over Clemson when nobody gave him a chance to succeed and all he's done is win. I'll give you one point, the only useful information he gained from Dubose was probably how to not do things. I don't care one way or the other if he ever comes back to Bama but to say he isn't a good coach .... Wow...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.