Today's Question: Describe an item you were incredibly attached to as a child. What b

TideFans Reporter

Click for Real-Time Bama News
Sep 21, 2006
Today's Question is....

Describe an item you were incredibly attached to as a child. What became of it?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
We had a 1963 Porsche 356B (1600 Super) black over red coupe. I loved that car! My dad brought it home one day and it was just sitting in the driveway when I got home from school.

Then my father died of a brain tumor (initially misdiagnosed as epilepsy) in August 1968, my Mom re-married in 1970, and she sold the car because she was afraid my brother and/or I would hurt ourselves driving it (we were about to become licensed drivers).

Aak!!! I still cringe today that she sold that car! :(

That's the only thing I can think of that I was "incredibly attached to".

Everything else was just the 'usual stuff' a guy has growing up...

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
Re: Today's Question: Descrim you were incredibly attached to as a child. What b

I like how nobody wants to be the first to divulge info about their transitional object. :)
Okay Savannah, I don't usually post on nonsports but here goes (it's not dirty or sexual - I don't think?). I had a blanket (ala Linus in Peanuts) with which I would suck, not my thumb, but my left index finger. This went on all the way up to almost grade school I guess (for years I had a crook in that finger). Driving on vacation to Panama City one year my family bribed me to throw the blanket out the car window for a dollar. Against my better judgement and my heart I went for the money (and of course immediately regretted it), and I've been warped and a basket case ever since. So there, not very exciting but filled with deep innermost Freudian meaning I'm sure, right Savannah? Please spare me the real meaning of how crazy I am. I'm beyond repair.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Bama Torch in Pcola

Hall of Fame
Dec 18, 2002
The most excited I ever got about anything was when I got my first pair of cleats. I could not wait to show them off to my neighborhood buddies. One of them had a dirt hill behind his house which was wet and muddy. I ran up it to show my buddy how good they could grip, but somehow the mud made the soles come off. I took them off and ran all the way home in my sock feet bawling like a baby. I was heartbroken and scared I would be in trouble. My mom just hugged me and told me she would take them back and get another pair. I don't recall ever feeling quite so loved as I was at that moment. It was the summer before my senior year. :biggrin:

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
Today's Question: Describe an item you were incredibly attached to as a child.

I had a teddy bear that I couldn't be without as a young child. Once I got to the age of where I no longer needed it, I set it aside and it was lost. Y'all?

שלומ

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.