Link: Gueye to Transfer

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Wow, this is unexpected and hurts our already suffering depth at center. It totally stinks to take a guy as a project and get one semi decent year out of him then he transfers. What a mess.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Well, I hope he finds a conference somewhere with a "style of play" which suits him. I don't see him in any kind of a "run and gun" offense that fits him. In fact, I'd say that Grant's style of offense fits him altogether too well...

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
I'm still wiping away tears from reading his reason for transferring...

Our style of play....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...Man...

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
Wow, this is unexpected and hurts our already suffering depth at center. It totally stinks to take a guy as a project and get one semi decent year out of him then he transfers. What a mess.
I really don't think he was a project. Well, he wasn't supposed to be a project.

spacerats

Scout Team
Nov 11, 2006
I can kinda understand both sides. I believe Moussa may have meant the fact that we don't really feed the ball to him in the post often. Perhaps, he believes he has more skills than we are currently using him for. With only one season left, i can see him wanting to go to a different school that will present him a better opportunity to be successful. I wish him the best.

With that being said, it does open up more opportunities for others to come in and give us excellent mins. Engstrom and Jacobs will most likely log most of the mins at center but they are both more talented on offense than defense. Incoming freshman, Jimmie Taylor is the only one on the roster now who offers a similar skillset to Moussa. This opens up mins for him to grow during the season.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I am not sure how many minutes he was going to get next year with Engstrom coming back and the 2 new freshmen coming in. Gueye was a turnover machine on offense. I have no inside info, but I wonder if Grant is making room for someone else. At least I can hope.

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
I am not sure how many minutes he was going to get next year with Engstrom coming back and the 2 new freshmen coming in. Gueye was a turnover machine on offense. I have no inside info, but I wonder if Grant is making room for someone else. At least I can hope.
I have that same hope.

I also wonder if the MG experiment left a sour taste in Grant's mouth regarding JUCO bigs.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
Wow did not see this coming. How many people have been CAG recruits and either transferred or left the team?

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I agree. But CAG needs this schollie to open up because he needs to correct these roster problems. He really needs of his recruiting strategy. I think anybody could see that moussa was never going to bea dominate player for us. While I believe we are going to have to continue to gamble on some kids we need to quit making these leaps of faith.

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk 2

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I agree. But CAG needs this schollie to open up because he needs to correct these roster problems. He really needs of his recruiting strategy. I think anybody could see that moussa was never going to bea dominate player for us. While I believe we are going to have to continue to gamble on some kids we need to quit making these leaps of faith.

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk 2
To be fair, MG was one of the highest ranking recruits coming out of juco ranks. Sometimes skills, or the lack thereof, don't become apparent until the competition ramps up. I've said this before about him, but I'd be willing to bet that he grew up playing soccer, not basketball. Your brain "grooves" pathways as you grow up. Most American kids grow up playing hand-eye skill games, baseball, basketball, football. To some degree, those skills are transportable from one game to another. Not so with soccer. Any American kid who grows up playing only soccer would have the same problem. It was painful to see the ball go into Moose, because you just knew that, most of the time, the outcome was not going to be good. I hope really can find a school where the style of play suits him. I'm just not sure where he thinks that style and school are...

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Well, that takes away 10 FT's from our opponents! Already improved on Defense!

Last edited:

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
Hopefully Coach has something lined up. Basketball players transfer every year especially when they are seniors and aren't looking at a lot of PT. It happens. I don't care about the transfer. I care about whether or not we can snag a quality replacement. Seeing as how it's the Spring I don't see that happening. The only bigs left out there are projects.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.