Johnny Manziel and the Aggies

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Quote after spring game:
"So that's a chip on my shoulder and a dragon I need to slay this year."

Seems the Aggies are trying to slay the crimson dragon again.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Lot of stuff in our paper about their offense but almost zilch on their defense. They may score on us but they ain't going to stop us this year on offense.

gwilliams

1st Team
Aug 29, 2011
To avoid a sophmore slump there's been some psychologicalizin' (my personal word) going on here. He's trying to motivate himself. aTm won v BAMA last year so he should actually have no grudge against BAMA.

jagvocate

Scout Team
Jun 14, 2010
I've known a couple of great athletes and they used very different motivation techniques than average folks.

UnNFormedFan

Scout Team
Dec 22, 2009
Mobile
We won't be as beat up nor will we be coming off such an emotional comeback win going into the game this year. I honestly think that had a :LOT to do with the loss last year. I don't think the guys were actually ready for the game last year. They will be this year.

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
Johnny Boy should be worried about the chip on CNS's shoulder and I can guarantee you there is one. By the time October rolled around last year I told family and friends the A & M game concerned me more than any other on Bama's schedule last year. The game was late in the year, it was the game after the LSU game and it turned out to be an emotional, physical, miracle win against LSU. The game with A & M against Alabama could not have set up any better for A & M. I'm not taking anything away from Texas A & M. They deserved the win.

Bama will be very motivated against Texas A & M this year and I expect very different results than 2012.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
UnNFormedFan;2144681[B said:
]We won't be as beat up nor will we be coming off such an emotional comeback win going into the game this year[/B].

You seem to be forgetting we do still have a game prior to A&M. VaTech may not be where they used to be, but they are no slouch either.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
]We won't be as beat up nor will we be coming off such an emotional comeback win going into the game this year[/B].

You seem to be forgetting we do still have a game prior to A&M. VaTech may not be where they used to be, but they are no slouch either.
Good point -

Gotta luv the bye week, however...

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

Yeah, but we also have a week off before A&M... Va Tech only causes problems if we have serious injuries...

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

I would bet money that Va. Tech. is counting on Bama over looking them and looking ahead to TAMU. CNS ain't gonna let it happen.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Trey Williams (I think that is the sophomore back) is potentially a big revelation for them. They're going to be good offensively once again but I think the loss of Moore and their two LBs is going to make a big difference. It is hard to judge a defense in the Spring but they looked lost quite a bit up front.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Trey Williams (I think that is the sophomore back) is potentially a big revelation for them. They're going to be good offensively once again but I think the loss of Moore and their two LBs is going to make a big difference. It is hard to judge a defense in the Spring but they looked lost quite a bit up front.
And that is why I think we may give up points to them but they will not stop us.

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA

But with a two week gap between....it won't even be close and you can take it to the bank.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
"I would bet money that Va. Tech. is counting on Bama over looking them and looking ahead to TAMU. CNS ain't gonna let it happen."

CNS will certainly not be looking ahead to TAMU but a few players might be. Have to depend on the team leaders to keep the younger guys focused

Rueben

All-American
Sep 5, 2008
NAHTOD
But with a two week gap between....it won't even be close and you can take it to the bank.
This.

I told anyone who would listen last year that aTm was the team / game that I was most worried about. Coming off a game where the players left EVERYTHING on the field made it even harder. This year Bama will, "Beat them 'til their head(s) rope like okra." ;)

Blee Dat!

Bama will win by double digits.

BTW, remember that time er' one was skeered of playing Fla. cause of a QB named Tebow? I think they had beat us the year before.

Now, think about all this and...GO TELL SOME BODY!!!

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
From what I heard their first team defense went up against the second team offense. Makes it even harder to tell. And their first two games are very much cupcakes.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.