Montravius Adams Says He Almost Signed With Bama

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Since he's no longer a recruit, I figured this could go on the football board.

Some folks began saying Montravius Adams was Alabama's towards the end of his recruitment. He says he almost signed with Bama. Then, he took his final official visit to Auburn.

Story here

Which school finished runner-up to Auburn for you? “I’d say Alabama, then Clemson.”

Alabama? “A lot of people didn’t know, but I was about to go to Alabama. It’s just when I went back to Auburn for my last official, that’s when I made up my mind about that it was where I wanted to be. But if I hadn’t gone on that last official visit, I would probably be with Alabama right now.”

Why did you like Alabama so much? “It’s got everything I need. The players don’t really get into any trouble there. They have great coaches. And I know if I could play the way I know I could with their coaching, most likely I’m going to be in the (NFL), which is where I want to be. Alabama is just a place where I could accomplish my goals.”

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
OK, he says Alabama has everything he needs. That they put players in the NFL, and not many get into trouble.

So tell me again why you chose Auburn????

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
He didn't chose Auburn. He chose Rodney Gardner.
Yep. The article was pretty straight forward. It sounded like the head was telling the kid to come to us, but the heart was elsewhere. Simple as that.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
So, he is giong to almost win a national championship, in a manner of speakding.

In this case, however, a miss is as good as a mile.

CrimsonDynasT

2nd Team
Sep 23, 2007
Think of what Mr. Adams will be able to tell his grandchildren...."I could have played for the best and would have earned some NC rings but I settled for less and played for, at best, an average team and all I have to show for it is a lifetime supply of toilet paper since we had extra left over for a lack of wins during my career.""

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Since he's no longer a recruit, I figured this could go on the football board.

Some folks began saying Montravius Adams was Alabama's towards the end of his recruitment. He says he almost signed with Bama. Then, he took his final official visit to Auburn.

Story here
I really love the last quote. If BAMA has everything you need, what did Auburn give you to make you disregard the place that has everything you need. I guess he really doesn't want the NFL. Krymsonman

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I really love the last quote. If BAMA has everything you need, what did Auburn give you to make you disregard the place that has everything you need. I guess he really doesn't want the NFL. Krymsonman
Like I said earlier, his decision was over Rodney Gardner and not Auburn.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Why did you like Alabama so much? “It’s got everything I need. The players don’t really get into any trouble there. They have great coaches. And I know if I could play the way I know I could with their coaching, most likely I’m going to be in the (NFL), which is where I want to be. Alabama is just a place where I could accomplish my goals....

....but, the money was just better at Auburn."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.