Explosions rock the finish line at the Boston Marathon

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I know that. However that doesn't appear to be their ethnicity. As I said, the father is in the Chechnyan-speaking region of Russia...
Earle, what's the deal with that particular region now being under Muslim influence. I was watching an online clip on foxnews and the reporter was explaining why a Chech would be involved in a terrorist act against the US. He said that this region has a lot of muslim influence.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Earle, what's the deal with that particular region now being under Muslim influence. I was watching an online clip on foxnews and the reporter was explaining why a Chech would be involved in a terrorist act against the US. He said that this region has a lot of muslim influence.
As I recall, that area came under muslim influence fairly lately in historic terms - something like 16th to 19th century. I'll look it up later, since it's of some interest...

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I'm guessing that these guys weren't done. Boston was just the beginning. I have now heard that the oldest brother had posted a youtube video a few months ago about an Islamic uprising emanating from the central Asian region.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yeah... just saw they are actually native of Chechnya and ended up in Kyrgzstan. That's where they got refugee status to enter the US.
I think that came out when CNN was interviewing the uncle, Roulan, in MD. The uncle had already been here 2-3 years, so he probably sponsored them...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I'm guessing that these guys weren't done. Boston was just the beginning. I have now heard that the oldest brother had posted a youtube video a few months ago about an Islamic uprising emanating from the central Asian region.
I'm just glad it's a peaceful religion with only a few crazies. Could you imagine what the world would be like if it wasn't a peaceful religion and full of nut jobs? We're very lucky...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Keep us updated Earle. I do not have tv in the office.
I work from home on Fridays, so I do. I'll try. They've moved the reporters back. Made them lie down first. The NBC guy said he saw a man lying on the ground, not moving. The NBC consultant said that it could be a negotiated surrender. Personally, I doubt it...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
CNN saying that the LEOs have surrounded a vehicle with a man in it. He may be the one on the ground. He's probably not the perp himself but could be an associate of some sort...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.