Derrick Henry to Miss A-Day Because of Surgery

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
Says he should be 100% by July.

This would normally hurt a team, but our backfield is loaded. Most people had already forgotten just how good Kenyan Drake really is.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Disappointing news!!! He was one of the freshman I was most wanting to see in game action against our defense.

I guess he'll be a big mystery to us and our opponents until he lines up this fall in a game!

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
This is the same bone that Kenny Bell broke if I'm remembering it right.
DH should be good to go for the fall.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
@BarrettSalleenow
Alabama confirms that RB Derrick Henry will miss the rest of spring fractured fibula.

@BarrettSalleenow
Saban: "Derrick Henry suffered a fractured fibula in Saturday’s scrimmage and had successful surgery this morning with Dr. Lyle Cain,”

@BarrettSalleenow
Saban: "We are confident that he [Derrick Henry] will make a full recovery for the start of camp this fall.”

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
It happens. Bone breaks a usually better and easier to heal than ligament damage.

He got most of the spring work in, now just go heal up.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Ugh. The only silver lining is that it occurred toward the end of spring camp, so he got some work in and still has time to recover for the season. Hope he has a full and quick recovery. RTR!!

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
that much more time to study film and the playbook

I guess that means Drake will get a few more carries this Saturday
Drake and Yeldon are really the only healthy scholarship RBs. I doubt Dee or JF do much, if anything, in the game since they are still recovering.

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
By all accounts, he is a hard worker and should be a great player. We were so looking forward to seeing him in the spring game.

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery, DH!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.