Ole Miss's New Uniforms Are Hideous

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I hate the blue jerseys and blue pants and the red jerseys with blue pants. I thought Ole Miss was the Black Bears and Rebels had been dropped in order to be PC. Did I miss them going back to Rebels?

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
I hate the blue jerseys and blue pants and the red jerseys with blue pants. I thought Ole Miss was the Black Bears and Rebels had been dropped in order to be PC. Did I miss them going back to Rebels?
They're no more the black bears than we are the elephants. Never have been.

beardensdaman44

All-SEC
Mar 7, 2006
I like them, although they have a 'high school' feel to them. But they look good. It could be worse, could have orange on them.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
They're no more the black bears than we are the elephants. Never have been.
The elephant is more accepted and integrated in our program than the black bear is with them. Though I don't buy or see a lot of Ole Miss merchandise. I think I've seen one piece of their merchandise that has the Black Bear on it. With us the Elephant is used a lot, especially with t-shirts.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Thus, you opened this thread!
The elephant is more accepted and integrated in our program than the black bear is with them. Though I don't buy or see a lot of Ole Miss merchandise. I think I've seen one piece of their merchandise that has the Black Bear on it. With us the Elephant is used a lot, especially with t-shirts.
I took RedStar's post to mean folks associate Ole Miss with Colonel Reb and Alabama with the Crimson Tide. Obviously, we've had the elephant much longer than they've had the bear, which allows for the elephant to be used/seen more often.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Thus, you opened this thread!
It's the off-season. I'll actually open threads about Oregon, Ole Miss, Missouri, and Montravius Adams. You'll notice that my meter was actually a click off the lowest level. As a matter of fact, I'll give it a solid "Meh", which is O.K. for April. :wink:

Last edited:

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
But the question was whether or not the Black Bears had ever been their nickname, and it hasn't been. Outside of seeing a black bear mascot at games instead of Colonel Reb, I really haven't noticed much of a change at all.

Kevin4Bama

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2005
Theodore, Alabama, United States
They never quit being the Rebels. They just did away with Col. Reb to be PC. Col. Reb was replaced with a black bear mascot for the sidelines, but they never became the Black Bears.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.