***2013 Tidefans.com Crown Jewel Countdown: #25 LS Cole Mazza***

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Cole Mazza, LS, 6-1/240

Overview: This guy was rated a 5-Star by the Special Teams coaching/recruiting services as a sophomore. And at that time, Long Snapping Coach Chris Rubio thought that he could play at a very high level in college…..at the age of 16

What he brings
: From Chris Rubio: “Form is exceptional, he is strong, his work ethic is unparralled and, what one of the best things about him....he snaps the ball angry and very, very hard. He is one of the rare Long Snappers I have had in the past ten years that looks like he is out for blood when he snaps. I absolutely love it. Cole could set records if he continues to work hard and let nothing get in his way.” I’m not sure what kind of records a long snapper.

Most likely destination this season
: We're pretty sure we wouldn’t spend a scholarship on a guy in this position if we didn’t expect him to contribute immediately, if not before. He was an early enrollee which gives him an opportunity to develop a rapport with the holders & punters. We should expect 4 years of Mazza.

Attachments

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Forgot Cole is an early enrollee. I'll have to be sure to look for him on Saturday.
Same. I wasn't a big fan of the LS scholarship offer at first, but we gave 1 scholarship to a kid that is likely the best player in the nation at his position and a 4 year starter for us. Not a bad use of a scholarship.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
we gave 1 scholarship to a kid that is likely... a 4 year starter for us.
A point/thought most don't consider. How long have we had a LS? Two years of Tink? Cole gives Bama the chance to have a 4 year guy at the position, which will only help with the continuity of ST.

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
I wasn't a big fan of the LS scholarship offer at first, but we gave 1 scholarship to a kid that is likely the best player in the nation at his position and a 4 year starter for us. Not a bad use of a scholarship.
i felt exactly the same way, but i did not consider the facts surrounding the rest of your comment. excellent point.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.