Restaurant After A Day Game

DallasRTR

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2007
I'm hoping someone can help me out here.

A few years ago when I was in T Town, I went to a restaurant - and I'm hoping it is still there. I can't remember the name of it.

I was on University - I walked west on University past the stadium and past the "bend" to the left. I walked a few more blocks. There was an intersection and on that intersection, there was a great restaurant -
It was packed, and I had to wait for about an hour.
Once I finally got seated, the food was amazing.
I remember the small loaf of bread and butter they provided before dinner. The best I've ever had.
I sat downstairs, but I think I remember an upstairs also - I remember seeing stairs.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?
I want to go this weekend when I'm in town.

DallasRTR

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2007
Sorry - I don't remember the food - I think I had seafood. But that bread and butter were unbelievable!

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Could it be the restaurant that is on Greensboro Ave. about a half block before the courthouse? I remember it having an upstairs and great food but after 40 years it may not still be there but the memories of a crowded lunch time and great food still linger.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I may not be following your directions right but it sounds like Chuck's Fish. Again, this is just a stab at it putting all your details together & I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smohabbat

Scout Team
Oct 13, 2011
I dont believe it's depalmas because there is no upstairs to it. Chucks fish sounds right. They have an upstairs sushi area and smaller tables. They also give you cheese bread and butter before the meal. But then again chucks isnt on an intersection

Hope it helps.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
It sounds more like Carmello Cafe which is out of business. It was right behind Mello Mushroom at Temerson Square. The only other places with an upstairs are Chucks Fish( which is where Saban takes recuits and their families) and possibly Epiphany which I am not sure has an upstairs area. I haven't been there in a while.

My recommendations would be Five (on 6th Street), Depalma's( you have to try the creme brulee cheesecake), Epiphany (great Filets), and Chuck's Fish in that order. Good luck and have fun.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I ate at Deplama's once when it opened in the late 90s and I really wasn't too impressed. I did like Cafe Venice, but they went out of business. MellowMushroom is cool, but my favorite Italian came from Tut's on the strip! The had a couple of slices of pizza there three years ago when I was passing through. I've eaten at RammaJammas and they are really close to BDS, they have awesome burgers,

It sounds more like Carmello Cafe which is out of business. It was right behind Mello Mushroom at Temerson Square. The only other places with an upstairs are Chucks Fish( which is where Saban takes recuits and their families) and possibly Epiphany which I am not sure has an upstairs area. I haven't been there in a while.

My recommendations would be Five (on 6th Street), Depalma's( you have to try the creme brulee cheesecake), Epiphany (great Filets), and Chuck's Fish in that order. Good luck and have fun.
Agreed... sounds like Carmello, which was a gourmet meat and three/southern cuisine place.

DallasRTR

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2007
I went to Epiphany tonight - great food but I recognized the restaurant I was thinking about - it was Chucks. I will hopefully eat there tomorrow night.

thanks for all of your help!!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.